Which "once great" is your favorite?

Fedor-BJ-Yves Edwards

Genuinely scary guy, I supported him through everything man, that's been a tough career to watch. Probably the hardest out of all the long retired guys. Even the likes of Saku and Don Frye still had good nights after their glory days, but Pedro fell really hard

His match against Randy couture, as Couture said it best, hardest hits he ever faced in his career and he couldnt walk for 2 weeks.

In order:

Oleg Taktarov
Don Frye
Pedro Rizzo
Frank Shamrock
Wanderlai Silva
Masakatsu Funaki
Kazushi Sakuraba
Robbie Lawler
Igor Vovchanchyon
Fedor Emilanenko
Great list..

His match against Randy couture, as Couture said it best, hardest hits he ever faced in his career and he couldnt walk for 2 weeks.
That was the first time two of my favorite fighters ever clashed. Amazing first fight though

I'd like to see your list if you have one..
All time favorites? Not necessarily in this order but something like
Randy Couture
Sakuraba
Don Frye
Pedro Rizzo
Chuck Liddell
Igor Vovchanchyn
Genki Sudo

Also have to include Jerome Le Banner, Mike Tyson, Alexis Arguello and Prince Nas

And more recently
Roger Huerta
Nick and Nate
Josh Neer
Matt Brown

Edit. I forgot Chris Lytle and Robbie Lawler, probably loads more as well

And BJ, damn...

Last edited:
Pretty much everyone from the Pride era.

I particularly miss how charged the community would get before a Fedor or Wand fight.

Marko the King of the Streets Ruas!!! This guy never got enough credit.
Pride Shogun before all the injuries was amazing to watch.
The Russian Bear Oleg Taktarov.

Gotta go with Rizzo and Arlovski.
Would pick prime Penn too.

<45><45><45>

<{spoogebab}><{spoogebab}><{spoogebab}>

once great at welter.. greatest at light weight.

4v5ngg.gif
That was the first event I ever went to. What a savage!

Cro Cop. Extremely disappointing UFC career, but I'm glad he left after the Gonzaga rematch. Even though I'm a huge fan, I remember thinking after the KO that a younger Gonzaga would have eaten those shots and still survived. Still, Mirko till the end! Please stay retired.

Fedor, for sure.

Akira Shoji, though I guess you could say he was never great. Still a fucking warrior!

Damn right... Shoji,Matsui,Otsuka,Inoue,Takase,Nakai...Those guys were ridiculously tough.

Saku GOAT

Royce
Marco Ruas
Kimo
Taktarov
Carlos Newton
BJ Penn
Aoki
Allan Goes
Pettis
Akihiro Gono
Minowa