Rewatch Which of the anniversary ufc was the first one for you to watch?

Boevik

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As time flies and the anniversary UFC300 is coming, I thought about some previous round number tournaments.

Me myself was around here on Sherdog as early as when UFC 200 happened, I remember some topics with rumors about Hunt vs Lesnar started to appear here, then it appeared to be true.
The tournament was kinda meh for me, though expectations were very high.

How about you though? Were you already a fan at UFC 100? What were your feelings coming into the fight card? Or are you that ancient that witnessed UFC 50 or even UFC 1?

Which one is your favorite?

Do you think 300 is gonna be the most memorable one?

UFC 1. Freshman in Highschool. Neighbor had that illegal black cable box... we didn't know what we were watching.. sometimes I still don't know what I'm watching ( but not in a good way )

UFC 1. Freshman in Highschool. Neighbor had that illegal black cable box... we didn't know what we were watching.. sometimes I still don't know what I'm watching ( but not in a good way )
Same with me only thing we had the black box.
It was my brother, uncle, cousin and close friend watching UFC 1.
Gotta love that black box with the switch in the back.

I had to wait to get the VHS at Blockbuster video and beg my mom to rent it for me.

I saw UFC 1 on tape before UFC 50 but I didn't see UFC 1 live.

I watched MMA before UFC 1 even happened, was watching Ken Shamrock fight. But didn't watch UFC 1 as it happened live, I can't remember how long after but I saw the UFC 1 VHS tape in Blockbusters and I rented it and liked it very much ;)

I noticed the fighters seems much less skilled in UFC than the MMA I had seen with Shamrock and Rutten and all those guys. But then Dan Severn came in and I loved it. It was great seeing Severn clean house and winning the tournaments and belts and then the Ultimate Ultimate with the greatest fighters ever.

Same with me only thing we had the black box.
It was my brother, uncle, cousin and close friend watching UFC 1.
Gotta love that black box with the switch in the back.
When the newlyweds a few houses down would buy an adult movie and the whole neighborhood would get it :)

UFC 1 though I watched it on VHS that I borrowed from my Senior Chief when I was stationed on Guam. That was in 1994 so I was a few months late.

Back