Which of GSPs former opponents could beat Bisping?

Bisping is so underrated cause people hate him. I dislike him as well but he's got the skills and size to beat all of GSP's opponents. One of the best technical boxers in the UFC, good footwork, scrappy, hard to take and keep down, doesn't get tired and he's always pushing pace.

He's gonna make it look easy against GSP as well and I hate it.

I seriously doubt it, and the counts confidence isn't where it normally is. You know they have trained together and GSP ragdolled him and toyed with him in training.

This can go both ways though. Bisping can use that as motivation to get revenge on that sparring session, and GSP can come in way over confident.

The way GSP works I think it would have been better for him if the count had gotten the better of him in training. The hungry GSP, and especially the GSP coming off a loss is the most dangerous GSP.

The bored overconfident GSP is snooze fest material.

Both guys ended Mayhem's UFC runs before they started.

GSP out classed him earlier in his career, sent him out of the UFC.

Bisping lost the first round and beat up a gassed Mayhem late in his career, and Mayhem lost his shit.

It's not crazy to add "prime" Mayhem to that list. He also beat Tim Kennedy.
Yeah, it's crazy. Bisping has great cardio and it was not the first time he beat someone by outlasting them.

Now that I think about it, the size difference between the top MWs and the top WWs is arguably the most pronounced out of any consecutive weight class pairing.

I seriously doubt it, and the counts confidence isn't where it normally is. You know they have trained together and GSP ragdolled him and toyed with him in training.

This can go both ways though. Bisping can use that as motivation to get revenge on that sparring session, and GSP can come in way over confident.

The way GSP works I think it would have been better for him if the count had gotten the better of him in training. The hungry GSP, and especially the GSP coming off a loss is the most dangerous GSP.

The bored overconfident GSP is snooze fest material.

How long ago did they train together and how you know GSP bested Bisping in training? I searched for something on this online and couldn't find anything. thx!

How long ago did they train together and how you know GSP bested Bisping in training? I searched for something on this online and couldn't find anything. thx!

It's been said a lot before and they even had a discussion about it in the original presser. Bisping said something along the lines of "that was a long time ago, it will be different in the fight. "

So since they had a discussion about it in the presser between George and Bisping I'm gonna say it's safe to say it's not a rumor

It's not crazy to add "prime" Mayhem to that list. He also beat Tim Kennedy.

Gotta love Sherdog. Even the one guy GSP fought that Bisping already stopped beats him.

I shouldn't be surprised, this is the same forum that said Faber would beat Bisping.

You fucks realise the guy has beaten Luke Rockhold and Anderson Silva, yes? And that he has more UFC wins than anyone else?

It's been said a lot before and they even had a discussion about it in the original presser. Bisping said something along the lines of "that was a long time ago, it will be different in the fight. "

So since they had a discussion about it in the presser between George and Bisping I'm gonna say it's safe to say it's not a rumor

OK I didn't see the presser. Very interesting. I do remember hearing Chael Sonnen say that in sparring and grappling on the mat, Georges completely bested him as well, and he could not believe how strong Georges was and how he could maintain such control of him, so I am not surprised since Chael made it look pretty easy against Bisping but again that was also a long time ago in 2012.

Can't wait for this fight for so many reasons!

I haven't seen the fight in a long time but as I remeber mayhem was absolutely owning the count until he gassed. Had he had his crap together and been in shape I think he would have had an easy victory. Mayhem had so much potential but got too wrapped up in other crap and crazyness of life to see what he could have become.

At least the name fits.
Mayhem was no joke, just cut too much weight to fight Bisping and got gassed after holding him down the entire first round. Pretty sad to see how far gone he is now, i used to love bully beat down and thought he was a great coach in TUF.

Also Mayhem almost subbed Shields via RNC but time ran out in the round as soon as he locked it in.
Dude was dirty on the ground. Would've loved to see him in his prime fight Nick or Nate Diaz.

I agree with most except i think Nick beats Bisping all rounds. Better boxing and better trash talker lol

Diaz does not have better boxing. He gets so much credi when he is only good at ONE aspect of boxing. Fighting in the pocket.

He has no head movement.

He's flat footed

No defence. Just relies on his chin and recovery.

He always looks helpless when his opponents use footwork.

Bisping uses footwork, angles and superior accuracy to make mincemeat out of Nick's face and win a decision. He just won't be there for Nick to plant his feet and trade.

GSPs former opponents are super overrated. All I see are one dimensional fighters and natural LWs. Bisping beats them all.

Nobody, Bisping is not the best fighter in his division but he is still an elite fighter in the division above those guys.

Maybe Woodley and Wonderboy, the two best WWs we have ever seen, have a chance, but not GSP former opponents.

Last edited:
Bisping y survived 2 H-bombs and came back from a flying knee from Anderson.
None of GSP's opponents would KO the Count.

None at all. Lol the thought

This thread really shows who are just haters deep down and who are reasonable MMA fans. You, sir, are a reasonable MMA fan.

Diaz does not have better boxing. He gets so much credi when he is only good at ONE aspect of boxing. Fighting in the pocket.

He has no head movement.

He's flat footed

No defence. Just relies on his chin and recovery.

He always looks helpless when his opponents use footwork.

Bisping uses footwork, angles and superior accuracy to make mincemeat out of Nick's face and win a decision. He just won't be there for Nick to plant his feet and trade.
Absolutely untrue. Nick has barely ever lost to anyone that keeps it standing, and even the ones that do the fights end up being close and competitive decisions, like Condit & Silva who are far superior strikers to Bisping (well, at least Silva in his prime).

But you're entitled to your own opinion.

Back