Which move was more Fail by CM Punk?

Hmm Punk actually won that WWE match, so I'll go with the first.

Dana pumping him up to come into the UFC with zero fight experience was the biggest fail. There was no way he was ever going to be sucessful.

Dana pumping him up to come into the UFC with zero fight experience was the biggest fail. There was no way he was ever going to be sucessful.
The aim of the first fight was for him to lose to prove MMA's clear superiority whilst still giving him an opponent an athletic commission would agree to.

They'll give him the total bums that he stands a chance against now so they can make some money.

An 8 year old boxer with no matches would have been embarrassed to throw a punch as bad as the one CM Punk threw.
Was it a punch, it looked like mid-punch he considered switching to an elbow. Then seemed to want to throw the knee but decided against it as well. Like a firecracker that wouldn't light...

Laughing so hard at these gifs and the comments. To this day, I still don't understand why he went straight to the ufc instead of fighting in a smaller league for some time.
tumblr_static_3vcrw99bewmc88ss4csc44osw.gif

Laughing so hard at these gifs and the comments. To this day, I still don't understand why he went straight to the ufc instead of fighting in a smaller league for some time.

I don't understand why people can't grasp the fact that CM Punk's selling point was his first MMA fight hence he had to do it on a very big stage in order to monetize it.

I don't understand why people can't grasp the fact that CM Punk's selling point was his first MMA fight hence he had to do it on a very big stage in order to monetize it.
I understand that and he was very smart about it.. I just think that he should've tried to get a little bit of experience, maybe he would have fought better and still went on to make money without looking too bad.

I understand that and he was very smart about it.. I just think that he should've tried to get a little bit of experience, maybe he would have fought better and still went on to make money without looking too bad.

Wouldn't matter. He would get crushed in the UFC no matter what. You can't just take a 37 year old average athlete with no background in martial arts and get some experience to start fighting in one of the most stacked divisions in the sport. Punk was smart at getting that million dollar payday while he the intrigue was still there. He'd be an idiot to fight smaller shows first unless he truly didn't care about the money which he does because he not some guy who is sitting on 50 million in the bank.

The fact that he thinks he's a fighter, he's anything but.
I think he was trying to be one. But the cards were stacked against him. Can only end in tears. I think people shouldn't rip into him too much. It took balls to take the fight,and he didn't do this lightly.

Back