Which move was more Fail by CM Punk?

The move where he thought he could compete in the UFC. Props for trying, but c’mon man..

Both the charging in like an idiot and throwing that weak ass punch as well as those shitty punches he was throwing off his back before Gall unleashed his brutal GnP.

CM Punk gets NO credit for the UFC throwing Gall at him who was much more experienced than him.

They could have found a much closer fighter in lack of skills but i understand that the winner would have had to cut it in the UFC.

I hope CM Punk gets another chance or they bring him up properly through a feeder league or TUF.

CM Punk gets NO credit for the UFC throwing Gall at him who was much more experienced than him.

They could have found a much closer fighter in lack of skills but i understand that the winner would have had to cut it in the UFC.

I hope CM Punk gets another chance or they bring him up properly through a feeder league or TUF.

Seriously...Mickey gall was already a legit bjj brown belt when he fought cm punk. To this day I still don't know how roufus, Pettis, askren, and anyone from that gym thought that would be competitive in any way

wp-1471666533825.gif

tenor.gif

You're telling me this ain't a fighter? I call bullshit, look at this excellent technique

giphy.gif
I've been watching this for a while now and he's got some great cardio. Shame we never got to see it against Gall.

Seriously...Mickey gall was already a legit bjj brown belt when he fought cm punk. To this day I still don't know how roufus, Pettis, askren, and anyone from that gym thought that would be competitive in any way
Maybe they didn't, but had to make it seem so for promotion purposes.

You read plenty of these truths in autobiographies years after the fact. Wouldn't surprise me if we hear about his team's real thoughts in the future.

Laughing so hard at these gifs and the comments. To this day, I still don't understand why he went straight to the ufc instead of fighting in a smaller league for some time.

If Only CM Punk had trained Flying Knee’s under Yoel.

Gall would still be sleeping with a crater the size of a silver dolla smashed into his head.

Strike attempt on Gail UFC

tenor.gif

OR

Lift attempt on Viscera WWE

That gif lmao.. he watches him shoot in and seems to want to throw the knee but doesn't. Could have put Gail into another dimension but just completely fails to do anything.

The Sorry Story of Charles Montgomery Punk....quit WWE because he didn't like part timers taking his spot on the card, wanted into the UFC straight away. Dana and Duke saw dollars and ole CM Phil saw stars.

I still to this day have never understood why he was so popular in the WWE, or got as far as he did.....His whole move set was copiedo/stolen from Japanese wrestler, Hideo Itami, who is actually now in the WWE, ironically.......When Itami was in another promotion (ROH) years ago....they had to refer to his finisher as "The Original Go To Sleep," because Punk had copied it, and was using the same exact name for it in the WWE.

Plus, whenever I see this pic from his early years in TNA, I just have to cringe a bit:

cm_punk_tna_days_by_obsessivecenagirl.jpg

Maybe they didn't, but had to make it seem so for promotion purposes.

You read plenty of these truths in autobiographies years after the fact. Wouldn't surprise me if we hear about his team's real thoughts in the future.

True but cm punk paid them a lot of money to train under their guidance you would think roufus would do something as simple as say 'hey Dana give us another name to fight we want a more competitive one (Michael Jackson, the guy Mickey beat)'

^^that guy was even campaigning for it on social media too

True but cm punk paid them a lot of money to train under their guidance you would think roufus would do something as simple as say 'hey Dana give us another name to fight we want a more competitive one (Michael Jackson, the guy Mickey beat)'

^^that guy was even campaigning for it on social media too
That's very possible :)

I still to this day have never understood why he was so popular in the WWE, or got as far as he did.....His whole move set was copiedo/stolen from Japanese wrestler, Hideo Itami, who is actually now in the WWE, ironically.......When Itami was in another promotion (ROH) years ago....they had to refer to his finisher as "The Original Go To Sleep," because Punk had copied it, and was using the same exact name for it in the WWE.

Plus, whenever I see this pic from his early years in TNA, I just have to cringe a bit:

cm_punk_tna_days_by_obsessivecenagirl.jpg

It wasn't his whole moveset that he stole from KENTA just his finisher and the reason he was so over is because him and Bryan Danielson were the biggest indie stars on the planet at the time.

You can't train for a few months and expect to perform like a high level fighter

It took balls to go out there like that I respect him for that. What I can't believe though is how they let him go pro with no amateur bouts

Back