Which matchups between great fighters in history would've been TRUE toss-ups?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Tapping Machine, Oct 18, 2018.

  1. Tapping Machine

    Tapping Machine Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2018
    Messages:
    260
    Likes Received:
    1,341
    Or 50-50s/pick ems, whatever you like to call them

    When thinking about certain fantasy fights, some of them are more one-sided than others

    But what do you think are true toss-ups, and we're only talking about great fighters here. No cans plz

    For example I think prime Aldo vs prime BJ is a 50-50

    Other examples in my opinion (all fighters in prime)
    - Ngannou vs Carwin
    - Ubereem vs Fedor
    - Werdum vs Jones
    - Mighty Mouse vs Garbrandt
    - Woodley vs Hendricks
     
    Chris Rocha likes this.
  2. nicholas17

    nicholas17 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2018
    Messages:
    57
    Likes Received:
    146
    Silva - GSP
     
  3. wilKO

    wilKO Green, White & Gold belt

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2008
    Messages:
    22,394
    Likes Received:
    50,414
    Location:
    Belfast, Ireland
    Chocolate L vs Michael Cro Cop
    Sea Level Cain VS Ronda under the right circumstances
    Motivated BJ vs Pre pregnancy Conor
     
    joeyjoejoe and Reach4theSky like this.
  4. Sonny Qc

    Sonny Qc Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2016
    Messages:
    17,043
    Likes Received:
    51,674
    Location:
    Québec City, CAN
    Lol

    would be Sonnen Vs Silva 1
    But without a white-belt/brain fart at the end.
     
    Kraken and 3nigma like this.
  5. Reach4theSky

    Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2006
    Messages:
    13,081
    Likes Received:
    42,242
    Location:
    Pre-USADA
    Royce Gracie vs Dillon Danis..
     
    BJJ4Tone and Ornife like this.
  6. Sonny Qc

    Sonny Qc Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2016
    Messages:
    17,043
    Likes Received:
    51,674
    Location:
    Québec City, CAN
    Prime Rumble Vs Prime Rampage
     
  7. King Joffery

    King Joffery Brown Belt

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2015
    Messages:
    3,520
    Likes Received:
    3,543
    I think Dannis takes it. Bjj likely equally as good but probably has better striking from sparring with Conor.
     
  8. Tapping Machine

    Tapping Machine Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2018
    Messages:
    260
    Likes Received:
    1,341
    I'm not sure if you're trolling but Royce would get absolutely destroyed by Danis, it wouldn't be competitive in the slightest.
    Lol @ BJJ being "equally as good"

    You don't have a clue just how much BJJ has evolved in the past 5 years, let alone since the days when Royce competed full-time

    Royce wasn't even top 20 in BJJ back in his heyday, most purple belts in Danaher or Marcelo's gym would tap prime Royce easy
     
  9. whooty

    whooty Green Belt

    Joined:
    May 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,028
    Likes Received:
    992
    Ubereem vs pretty much anyone. His skills are among the best, but that chin has him losing to the likes of Bigfoot.

    Other than that, GSP vs Silva.
    Conor vs BJ (Man that would be a sick fight)
     
  10. Tapping Machine

    Tapping Machine Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2018
    Messages:
    260
    Likes Received:
    1,341
    Rumble destroys him, 10X more powerful and way faster with better technique

    I'd give Rampage a 5% chance of surviving the onslaught and making Rumble quit eventually. The other 95% of the time he gets slept early and brutally
     
  11. Sonny Qc

    Sonny Qc Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2016
    Messages:
    17,043
    Likes Received:
    51,674
    Location:
    Québec City, CAN
    Kos and Belfort whooped Rumble.

    Rampage had one of the best chim in the game.
    And Overall Boxing goes to Page.
    Page was powerful too btw.
     
    gono btw and Typrune Goatley like this.
  12. Tapping Machine

    Tapping Machine Banned Banned

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2018
    Messages:
    260
    Likes Received:
    1,341
    Yeah when he was drained from the weight cut....we're talking about LHW Rumble here mate. Rumble got choked out by natural Welterweight Sakuraba lol

    Rumble is by far the better boxer, PRIDE Rampage got tooled in boxing range by sloppy ass winging hooks nonstop Wanderlei lol

    Plus Rampage's KO percentage is nowhere near as high as Rumble's even in his prime. He got a gift decision against Ninja Rua ffs
     
  13. Sonny Qc

    Sonny Qc Gold Belt

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2016
    Messages:
    17,043
    Likes Received:
    51,674
    Location:
    Québec City, CAN
    Prime Hendo Vs Prime Liddell
     
  14. gono btw

    gono btw Rounds...

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2018
    Messages:
    6,546
    Likes Received:
    9,428
    Hickson vs Huas
    LHW Reem vs JBJ
     
  15. Irresponsible Dad

    Irresponsible Dad Living vicariously though a masterless Samurai

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2016
    Messages:
    574
    Likes Received:
    1,376
    Location:
    USA
    Best toss up? Probably Ronda vs any soccer mom.
    [​IMG]
     
  16. Willek

    Willek Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2016
    Messages:
    12,712
    Likes Received:
    28,568
    Who wins these fights

    Brock Lesnar vs Big Nog
    Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone
    Tyron Woodley vs GSP
     

Share This Page