Which lightweight fighter you want to stay in fight shape and ready for UFC 229?

Lee is the worst possible fight for Porier. I think Porier can beat a few people Lee would lose to but styles make fights and Lee is a horrible match up for Porier. Even Khabib with his clinch, bodylock, judo/sambo TDs would be better than Lee's shooting, folkstyle wrestling TDs for Porier.

Don't know about that, we've never seen Poirier dominated before in wrestling. Lee would be a much worse matchup for Pettis.

Don't know about that, we've never seen Poirier dominated before in wrestling. Lee would be a much worse matchup for Pettis.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pettis subbes him off his back. I would be surprised if Porier did. Porier is a good grappler but better top heavy than off his back.

I think pretty much all of us over the past year were dying to see Tony vs Conor to unify the belts, as well as Tony vs Khabib. Neither happened. So yes, Tony is the answer. If this fight falls through on either end, Tony is 100% the next best thing.

Tony.

lol @ Kevin Lee, the dude isn't even close to a title-shot.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pettis subbes him off his back. I would be surprised if Porier did. Porier is a good grappler but better top heavy than off his back.

True, but much more likely to keep it on the feet. Lee hasn't really fought anyone with great TDD, I'm not entirely sold on him. Its not like Tony or Barboza are known for being hard to take down.

Not that I think Poirier has amazing TDD or anything, but better than anyone Lee has fought.

no one, I want this fight. If someone pulls out, put the card of fightpass and reschedule

True, but much more likely to keep it on the feet. Lee hasn't really fought anyone with great TDD, I'm not entirely sold on him. Its not like Tony or Barboza are known for being hard to take down.

Not that I think Poirier has amazing TDD or anything, but better than anyone Lee has fought.
Before the Khabib fight Barboza had the highest TDD at LW with 86%.

Then he fought Khabib and Lee back to back.

Before the Khabib fight Barboza had the highest TDD at LW with 86%.

Then he fought Khabib and Lee back to back.

Ignore the stats and watch the fights. We've seen Barboza struggle every time he faces a wrestler who pressures him.

Tony or Nate. those 2 fights have to go down as things stand now.

El Cucuy no doubt. He needs to stay ready and away from those AV cables.

Tony or Diaz.

Tony also needs to be ready just in case Nate pulls out or if Porier gets hurt.

Back