Which is the weakest male division in the UFC right now?

Flyweight. Easy choice.

Flyweight, followed by HW and LHW.

I know it is a very unpopular opinion, but several WWs have moved up to capture top 5 spots in the current MW division. Two of them even captured the MW belt. I don't think we have ever seen this is a division before.

Anybody saying flyweight is a troll. As a division it has plenty of veteran and new competition. LHW is easily the weakest division. The two champs are gone, the number 1 contender has been mia forever, theres 1 veteran outside that in glover, and the rest of the division is rubbish with no new talent rolling in. Easily the worst division.

Lhw worst

then hw

then flw, but flw is actually doing just fine. DJ's dominance makes it look thinner than it is.

LHW. I remember back in the day of Pride/UFC, LHW was stacked with bunch of killers. It was a little different during those days though. I think more fighters had the 'badass' aura's surrounding them and MMA had more just bleed brutality and warrior mentality overall. That's why guys like Fedor, BJ, Wanderlei, Sakuraba, etc get the praise and respect that they do now. It wasn't about records, win streaks, trying to have a size advantgae or all about the money. It was more about pride and being willing to scrap anyone anytime.

LHW. I remember back in the day of Pride/UFC, LHW was stacked with bunch of killers. It was a little different during those days though. I think more fighters had the 'badass' aura's surrounding them and MMA had more just bleed brutality and warrior mentality overall. That's why guys like Fedor, BJ, Wanderlei, Sakuraba, etc get the praise and respect that they do now. It wasn't about records, win streaks, trying to have a size advantgae or all about the money. It was more about pride and being willing to scrap anyone anytime.

Today's LHW division is less than an empty shell compared to 2007/8 and the days of Chuck, Shogun, Hendo, Randy, Rampage, Arona, Wanderlei, Tito, etc.

The UFC LHW division has become so much weaker recently, with top guys leaving for other organizations, DC fighting at HW and saying he's about ready to retire so who knows if he'll ever fight at LHW again, Jones looking at likely getting a long suspension, Rumble retiring unexpectadly.

HW is getting some good prospects in Volkov, Blaydes, Tuivasa.

LHW for me though.

Back