Which is the best Kickboxing/Muay Thai event currently?

I have always thought it would have been better to have something around 155, 175, 200 and unlimited for hw.

145lbs and below is, outside of Asia, largely the weight of a teenage male/grown female. The lower weight classes have always been of less interest to western fight fans, in any combat sport.

There is this thing called "boxing". I heard there are a couple of big names even below 135 pound like Pacquiao, Floyd, Morales, Barrera, Prince Naseem, Roberto Duran, Ray Mancini, Alexis Arguello, Lomachenko etc

PS seriously how could you blanket claim below 145 when Thurman vs Garcia was just last week and the biggest draw is still Floyd and Pacquai lol

I think it is true to a point that there's a divide in tolerance between certain groups of fans. Those interested in only MMA and/or kickboxing will more often scoff about lower weights, whereas muay thai and boxing fans want good fights and it doesn't matter if a fighter is 105 or 250.

I think it is true to a point that there's a divide in tolerance between certain groups of fans. Those interested in only MMA and/or kickboxing will more often scoff about lower weights, whereas muay thai and boxing fans want good fights and it doesn't matter if a fighter is 105 or 250.

105 is that height or weight

True, but even then Conor is the biggest act on MMA around and he blew up at 145lbs. Ultimately people want someone with personality and an entertaining fight style.

Granted, Mighty Mouse gets no love but he also doesn't have much personality or opponents that can get any hype.

145lbs and below is, outside of Asia, largely the weight of a teenage male/grown female. The lower weight classes have always been of less interest to western fight fans, in any combat sport.

Personally my favorite fighting weight classes are middle and light-heavy, good mix of attributes. Still fast enough but with power as well.

Brocktirement alt account?

To be fair to JJ, his point was comparative and general, not absolutive. It is generally true that the Mike Tysons, Muhammad Alis, etc get more attention that the Robinsons and Durans. Outside of boxing it much more noticeably true. How many threads in the heavies do you see calling for a ban on the HW division? There is at least 1 a week calling for the end of 125. I would love to see a 115 division just to see them rage quit lol

To be fair to JJ, his point was comparative and general, not absolutive. It is generally true that the Mike Tysons, Muhammad Alis, etc get more attention that the Robinsons and Durans. Outside of boxing it much more noticeably true. How many threads in the heavies do you see calling for a ban on the HW division? There is at least 1 a week calling for the end of 125. I would love to see a 115 division just to see them rage quit lol

The Heavyweight division is what made fight sports popular years ago:
Mohammed Ali, Mike Tyson, Joe Lewis, Rocky Marciano etc. in boxing
Peter Aerts, Enernesto Hoost, Le Banner, Andy Hug etc. in the early K-1 days of Kickboxing
Fedor, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Randy Couture, Cain Velasquez, etc. in MMA

Times have changed and the most popular fighters and most talent packed divisions are lighter weight classes.

Stadiums in Thailand are the best.

But the gambling game around the ring often leads to the poor fighting result. ;-)
decided to give you your first like, just because I like your username

Back