Which is the best Kickboxing/Muay Thai event currently?

crazybull

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Which promotions are the best and most prestigious?
Which Champions are the most respected?

Glory
Bellator
Max
Lion
?
?
?

For KB, think of K-1 as the WEC and Glory as the UFC pre-merger. Its a bit more nuanced than that but a fairly good approximation. For MT, the best and most prestigious are the fights of Lumpinee and Raja stadium. Its all available on youtube the day after the event in case you were wondering.

Lumpinee and Rajadamnern champions above every other league.

Lumpini/Raja = Premier League

K1(old) = Division1

Kunlun = Division2

Others = Local League

KB: Glory/Kunlun/K-1

Bellator doesn't even register yet at least.

K-1 Japan really good right now?

Is it different from K-1 World?

Enfusion title fights I feel more often than not are pretty damn random.

i cant rate raja lumpini or k1. they only have the lowest weight classes.

i cant rate raja lumpini or k1. they only have the lowest weight classes.

That's my biggest gripe with glory, they have too many weight classes. There simply isn't enough talent in half their weight classes and their cards get diluted by these lame fights. It's why K1 (past and present) events are way more consistently entertaining.

That's my biggest gripe with glory, they have too many weight classes. There simply isn't enough talent in half their weight classes and their cards get diluted by these lame fights. It's why K1 (past and present) events are way more consistently entertaining.

raja and lumpini have far more weight classes with a couple of pound of differences between them and all of them under 70kgs. that sucks.

The thai stadiums use the boxing weight class system and I believe it's the best system as it allows fighters to fight at a comfortable weight as well being able to move up and down without facing a huge size discrepancy. There is enough talent in thailand to support that system too. Thai promoters could do regular heavyweight fights if they wanted but they don't cause heavyweight muay thai is talent starved and people would only view it as a side show.

If Glory focused on a smaller weight pool they could build their divisions without having to throw those tournaments together to build contenders. I mean after watching a vintage k1 max card were you really left at the end craving a middleweight fight?

Last edited:
Lumpinee and Rajadamnern. I like John Wayne Parr's production, Caged Muay Thai. It's Muay Thai in a MMA cage and they use MMA gloves. I think that's pretty awesome. And I'm really digging MX Muay Xtreme because they use MMA gloves too.

In my limited knowledge the most technical, beautiful MT is in the stadions up to like 135 pounds or so.

The most spectacular beatings take place in shows like Thai Fights and Top Kings World Series with assassins like PTT or Tengnueng wrecking foreigners that have no business being in the same ring as them.

Stadiums in Thailand are the best.

But the gambling game around the ring often leads to the poor fighting result. ;-)

If Glory focused on a smaller weight pool they could build their divisions without having to throw those tournaments together to build contenders. I mean after watching a vintage k1 max card were you really left at the end craving a middleweight fight?

145lbs and below is, outside of Asia, largely the weight of a teenage male/grown female. The lower weight classes have always been of less interest to western fight fans, in any combat sport.

Personally my favorite fighting weight classes are middle and light-heavy, good mix of attributes. Still fast enough but with power as well.

145lbs and below is, outside of Asia, largely the weight of a teenage male/grown female. The lower weight classes have always been of less interest to western fight fans, in any combat sport.

I would actually say the lower weight classes have always been of less interest to non fight fans, as in casuals who never watch fights so don't understand the technical aspect and just want to see some KO's.

Did you miss the last K-1 8-man tournament that was full of lighter weight guys from all over the globe? A MUCH more entertaining event than the Glory one the same weekend. Full of dramatic back and forth action and knockouts.

The biggest fight events in Boxing today are all lighter guys. The biggest fights in MMA today are all lighter guys. People can't stop talking about Mayweather vs Connor.

The lighter weights are way more entertaining,and I may be wrong but I don't think that is what he's saying. Smaller weight pool or less weight classes to make the divisions more stacked.

Back