Which insect (arthropods) do you fear the most?

Parasitic wasps, ticks and mosquitos.

Wasps. They’re assholes and they can fly faster than you can run. Usually they leave you alone if you’re not fuckimg with them, but every now and then they’ll sting you for no reason at all and if you stay there more come.

Not so much fear but mosquitos and horse/black flies can disturb my calm on a hike. I swear one time on a hike I had the same fly attack me about every 20 yards for the whole 10 miles.

Wasps. I’m sure there are much scarier insects out there, but they don’t live where I do. Wasp’s definitely do.
They fly, so they’re hard to target. They can just fly into your face and sting you. They can sting as many times as they want. And they will sting you for no reason, just because they’re assholes.
And when you crush them, they release a scent that makes other nearby wasps more aggressive. So I guess you can only choke them out.

Wasps. I’m sure there are much scarier insects out there, but they don’t live where I do. Wasp’s definitely do.
They fly, so they’re hard to target. They can just fly into your face and sting you. They can sting as many times as they want. And they will sting you for no reason, just because they’re assholes.
And when you crush them, they release a scent that makes other nearby wasps more aggressive. So I guess you can only choke them out.
I used to catch wasps with my bare hands and toss them at people that I knew. If you hold them for too long they will start cutting pieces of your skin and fly off

I grew up around centipedes

These fuckers used to crawl out of the bathroom drain. Scared the shit out of me and I always had to keep an eye on the drain the entire time I'm taking a bath. These fuckers are AGGRESSIVE. They don't give a shit. They'll come after you no matter what and their bites hurt like crazy from what I've heard. I've never been bitten, but I grew up with other people that have. It's a nightmare.

Seconded.

I moved into a rented room in Ealing that used to house immigrants. I was desperate so I took one look at it, saw a divan bed with just a mattress, a cabinet, a fridge, a wardrobe and then quickly signed the contract.

I lay on the bed, slept for a couple of hours and woke up to find a load of little silver things wriggling on the mattress. I also found the little flag brown bastards as well, squashed a few and saw bright red blood come out of them.

It was the only time that I asked my Mum to come home, but she said no and told me to ring maintenance. She cried when she saw how I was living when she visited a few days later with provisions.

Called the estate agent, who surprisingly picked up. He sent a maintenance guy who sprayed my room and my entire belongings with this expired insect killer, which stank of chemicals and was greasy. He sprayed it a few more times over the coming days and I kept finding them on my mattress, but dead. I also found a few on the walls of the toilet on the top floor. They moved from room to room.

I spent my first night there sleeping on the train that ran from London Paddington to Reading, wearing my work clothes that stank of years old expired insect killer and occasionally flicking bedbugs out of my hair and off my shoulders.

It was hands down the lowest point of my life, and the sheer idea of bed bugs still freaks me out.

Back