Which has the better story/universe? Star Wars or Dune?

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Which has the better, more interesting universe? the Star Wars universe or the Dune universe?

Star_Wars_Park_Disneyland_01_CONCEPT0516.jpg

vs

futuristic-dune_00426475.jpg

From an artistic point of view, the second photo is better. What is dune btw.

As a self contained story, Dune is much better than anything Star Wars has produced. However, in terms of what’s a more interesting universe, I’d say Star Wars unquestionably. The Dune universe doesn’t even have any other races. It’s tens of thousands of years in the future and the entire galaxy (maybe even beyond) has been colonized by humanity and there’s no aliens to be found anywhere.

As a self contained story, Dune is much better than anything Star Wars has produced. However, in terms of what’s a more interesting universe, I’d say Star Wars unquestionably. The Dune universe doesn’t even have any other races. It’s tens of thousands of years in the future and the entire galaxy (maybe even beyond) has been colonized by humanity and there’s no aliens to be found anywhere.

And guild navigators

George Lucas pilfered Jodorowskys vision of Dune

Dune has a very cool universe. I would say the universe of Star Wars is slightly better.

Dune books are great, kinda like a sci-fi ASOIAF
I don't even like sci-fi and still liked it

Star Wars crush it as movies though, much more variety

Dune is too narrow, the SW is so vast it now includes SJW’s

Star Wars universe is a mess. Fun, but pretty juvenile.

Dune is epic and has artistic integrity.

I'm gonna assume no one here reads into the Star Wars expanded Universe? Things get very deep and not much can be compared.

Star Wars could have LOTR level on camera if it was handled right.

Dune books are great, kinda like a sci-fi ASOIAF
I don't even like sci-fi and still liked it

Star Wars crush it as movies though, much more variety

I’m really whole heartedly am going to miss the ASOIAF Universe when the HBO series ends. I’m not relying on the booka getting finished.

Star Wars is so generic.
It really isn't it's only that way from the way the films made it look.

Star Wars is so deep and touches so many points if you read into it.

Anakin Skywalkers story is amazing and heartbreaking his turn to the dark side should have been gut wrenching but they messed it up, the guy goes through so much and loses everyone and everything he loves and is seduced by the devil himself to kill everyone who cares for him.

Sidious' story is amazing and the most evil villain ever wrote.

It really isn't it's only that way from the way the films made it look.

Star Wars is so deep and touches so many points if you read into it.

Anakin Skywalkers story is amazing and heartbreaking his turn to the dark side should have been gut wrenching but they messed it up, the guy goes through so much and loses everyone and everything he loves and is seduced by the devil himself to kill everyone who cares for him.

Sidious' story is amazing and the most evil villain ever wrote.

I’ll take your word for it. I’m just a casual watcher of the series, but yeah the middle trilogy was awful and probably did irreparable damage to the series.

Back