Which gym to choose?

DasentMater

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've moved due to work. There are 2 gyms available that I can choose.I've visited both already.

First gym - 36kms (return), taught by 1st degree BB, $100 monthly, they spar starting on feet (sometimes drill judo throws) which is NOT good for me due to my bad shoulder and ankle. Good relax atmosphere. Follows IBJJ rules so no leg locks on lower belt (I'm 3 striped WB, doing this for fitness/hobby)

Second gym - 25 kms (return), taught by 3rd deg BB, $150/monthly with free use of gym weights, they spar starting on knees (works for me), no rules you can do whatever locks, competition mindset, lots of WBs training for more than 3 years (i've asked around..)

I've never competed, I might If I have the money and time to prepare, but not the priority.

Your thoughts? Thanks

Sounds like it's got to be the second gym because of injuries, but i would talk to the first coach about it.

Is the price difference an issue for you? If you can afford the second gym that seems to be what you are leaning towards yourself. Having weights will help save you money on an additional gym membership perhaps. It being closer is another plus. How as the atmosphere at this gym? Did you feel like you got along OK with the people you were training with? 3 years at white seems like a long time to me if people are consistent in their training.

Back