Which "great" has the worst loss?

WELL IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO PROVE THEN WOULDN'T IT.

Anderson was 8-1 as a WW and the Shooto MW (168 lb) Champion, 2 months after Anderson won the Shooto title Hughes won the UFC WW title with a 30-3 record. Anderson never fought at actual WW again just the Pride 183 lb WW.

Where is the link to your online dream diary? You know that's not proof and neither is one reddit post with no links.

Like I said google more, there was a reason why Sakurai was favoured and Hughes underdog when they fought, son.

Like I said google more, there was a reason why Sakurai was favoured and Hughes underdog when they fought, son.

So you couldn't find it then, where's the link to your dream journal?
You probably weren't even born when Anderson was fighting at WW anyway.

Anderson getting tapped out by 4-7 midget Takase

Probably Silva/Takase. Takase fucking owned him, too. It was mostly grappling, though. So you could make a case for GSP/Serra because GSP got got cracked multiple times and tapped to strikes.

Fedor/Bigfoot wasn't that bad. Bigfoot was a beast back then and it was somewhat competitive in the first round before he got mauled in the second by a dude way bigger than him.

I don't why Big Foot is mentioned, should be Fedors KO loss to Hendo, way worse them GSP's loss to Serra

So we have GSP being caught by a top guy in serra, vs Anderson being clowned on the ground by a fringe circus sideshow guy.

Yeah I kind of agree with this. I think Anderson's loss was worse.

Probably GSP considering how great he actually was when he lost against Serra. Right before that he had just destroyed Sherk, Trigg and Hughes in some of the best performances we've seen in MMA history. And right after the loss against Serra he kept playing with the best in the world and eventually made Serra look silly. Serra making GSP tap to strikes is probably the best example of "luck"/"hail mary" there will ever be in this sport.

Anderson lost to worse fighters than Serra like Takase and Chonan, but he was nowhere near GSP's level at that point despite similar records (Anderson 14-3 against Chonan and GSP 13-2 against Serra) and Anderson being recognized as a top WW.

Probably GSP considering how great he actually was when he lost against Serra. Right before that he had just destroyed Sherk, Trigg and Hughes in some of the best performances we've seen in MMA history. And right after the loss against Serra he kept playing with the best in the world and eventually made Serra look silly. Serra making GSP tap to strikes is probably the best example of "luck"/"hail mary" there will ever be in this sport.

Anderson lost to worse fighters than Serra like Takase and Chonan, but he was nowhere near GSP's level at that point despite similar records (Anderson 14-3 against Chonan and GSP 13-2 against Serra) and Anderson being recognized as a top WW.
anderson was a darling when he lost to chonan. he was considered the best in his weight division after beating sakurai. WTF are you talking about. That's why pride brought him in.

Probably Silva/Takase. Takase fucking owned him, too. It was mostly grappling, though. So you could make a case for GSP/Serra because GSP got got cracked multiple times and tapped to strikes.

Fedor/Bigfoot wasn't that bad. Bigfoot was a beast back then and it was somewhat competitive in the first round before he got mauled in the second by a dude way bigger than him.

Anderson wasnt even close to his prime though.

TRT Bigfoot was juiced to the gills

Fedor fans can repeat this as much as they want to help them sleep at night but it's simply not true.

It's literally impossible to be true seeing as TRT use is a matter of public record and Bigfoot didn't file for a TUE until the Cain fight, where he was denied. He only had a TUE for the Hunt fight, where the UFC granted him it as they acted as the commission due to the fight being overseas.

Ergo, no Bigfoot was not on TRT against Fedor.

Secondly, if you want to argue that Bigfoot was taking something, that's another argument entirely. But it also falls flat seeing as Bigfoot/Fedor was one of the few early extra tested fights as the commission was worried Bigfoot was medically unable to even compete due to his pituitary issues. Bigfoot had to go through much more stringent tests that were specifically looking at his hormones and testosterone levels than others for specifically this fight, and these were happening throughout camp.

Fedor just lost to Bigfoot. His fans just need an excuse.

shogun to chael

Let me counter.

Serra was at least a top guy, as he just won TUF.,

Takase on the other hand was never a top guy, in fact has a losing record.

Take this in conjunction with how they lost. GSP lost by getting caught. Anderson was OUTCLASSED by takase's triangle.

So we have GSP being caught by a top guy in serra, vs Anderson being clowned on the ground by a fringe circus sideshow guy.

Serra wasn't a top guy. He wasn't top ten and I don't think even top 20 WW at the time. He beat Chris Lytle in a decision at WW going in. Winning TUF isn't real accolades.

If you're playing catchup on the Silva vs Takase fight on Fight Pass many years after the fact then it can be distorted since you knew Silva as a MW GOAT going into the fight. At the time it wasn't close to the GSP vs Serra upset. Prior to the Takase fight Silva had a loss already on his record by getting controlled on the ground by some journeymen as well. GSP on the other hand was flawless expect getting caught against Hughes when Hughes was champ and in his prime and GSP getting pushed into a title fight much too early.

Since Sherdog ranked these upsets before and had Silva vs Takase at #7 all time and GSP vs Serra at #1 I'll borrow what the article said "It(gsp vs Serra) was the closest thing to an MMA version of Buster Douglas-Mike Tyson in the sport’s brief history."

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/11/Sherdogs-Top-10-MMA-Upsets-53453

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/5/Sherdogs-Top-10-MMA-Upsets-53453

Fedor v a 79 year old MW
Fedor v an ex football player journeyman
Fedor v Bigfoot

Pick one. They're all embarrassing.

I wont include Fedor vs Maldonado because tech. It isnt a loss.

Silva L to Takase
Fedor L to Bigfoot
GSP L to Serra
Stipe L to struve

Imo, has to Be Silva vs Takase. Takase is like 6 and 7.

Silva's worst was Chosen (he was old against Weidman), as he was losing the fight on points even before the sub.
Fedor's worst was to Werdum (he was old against Bigfoot).
GSP's worst was to Serra.
Jones worst was to himself (the PED usage - arguably he should have had enough confidence in himself to not take such high dosages that he got caught even by the poor tests available to testing bodies).

Back