Which "great" has the worst loss?

Jacare got blown up by Patino in his debut.

This doesn't really qualify because of their points in their respective careers, but I remember being literally scared for Sonnen vs Shogun and then ..

Fight%20Night%20Krakow:%20Mirko%20Cro%20Cop%20vs.%20Gabriel%20Gonzaga%20-%20The%20Sequel_528661_OpenGraphImage.png

Mirko getting KTFO by Schaub.

Probably Silva/Takase. Takase fucking owned him, too. It was mostly grappling, though. So you could make a case for GSP/Serra because GSP got got cracked multiple times and tapped to strikes.

Fedor/Bigfoot wasn't that bad. Bigfoot was a beast back then and it was somewhat competitive in the first round before he got mauled in the second by a dude way bigger than him.

I'd put GSP vs Serra over Silva vs Takase based on a couple factors

1. GSP ranked #1 at the time

2. Serra had no reasonable way to beat GSP going into the fight which is why the odds were so ridiculous. Remember Serra was basically a blownup LW fighting at WW who won a retirement season of the Ultimate Fighter to get a title shot. Add on Serra never had a KO/TKO win going into the fight and GSP was never KO/TKO at the time. Serra main chance at victory on paper was a submission over GSP.

2. Serra had no reasonable way to beat GSP going into the fight which is why the odds were so ridiculous. Remember Serra was basically a blownup LW fighting at WW who won a retirement season of the Ultimate Fighter to get a title shot. Add on Serra never had a KO/TKO win going into the fight and GSP was never KO/TKO at the time. Serra main chance at victory on paper was a submission over GSP.
This

Let me counter.

Serra was at least a top guy, as he just won TUF.,

Takase on the other hand was never a top guy, in fact has a losing record.

Take this in conjunction with how they lost. GSP lost by getting caught. Anderson was OUTCLASSED by takase's triangle.

So we have GSP being caught by a top guy in serra, vs Anderson being clowned on the ground by a fringe circus sideshow guy.

These losses are to journeymen. Weidman is one of the best mws of all time

I don't know Chris, but I've been around him a few times. Seems like a good guy. But he most certainly is not one of the best middleweights of all time.

1. Faber getting soul snatched (twice) by Mike Brown - this permanently and fundamentally changed Faber's fighting style and his ability to dominate with finishes.
  2. Anderson getting his leg broke in half by Weidman - exposed his age and led him to roids in an effort to heal.

GSP vs Serra for me.

Still one of the most shocking losses.

Jon Jones loss to Matt Hamill via head strikes to the elbow from the bottom.

This is the only answer. Trt bigfoot is no slouch and silvas fight looks suspect.
TRT Bigfoot was juiced to the gills and outweighed Fedor by 34 pounds

Last edited:
Back