Which great boxer had least of KDowns suffered in career

didn't he take the knee when he hurt his hand once? i'm pretty sure that was officially a knockdown.

he was never actually knocked down, though.
Was it against Judah that his glove touched the canvas? That might be considered a technical even though it wasn't called.

Ivan Drago only got knocked down once in a bullshit fight that the ref should have stopped like a million times.

Not sure he'd qualify as a great, but James Toney had one hell of a chin. He was off balance and went down against RJJ, but other than that the only time I can remember him down was against Reggie Johnson. He took a lot of shots from some big punchers up to heavyweight and never went down. That is impressive.
What? Of course Toney is a great. He lacked the discipline to stay in shape throughout his whole career but he had great style and accomplished enough against other HOFers.

3-6-71.jpg

GOAT chin
He went down too, though I don't remember against who, I think at LHW.

Whittaker suffered more than a knockdown or two; Buddy McGirt definitely put him over (left hook IIRC—what else was it gonna be from Buddy?!?!) in their first fight, I believe. He also got sat on his arse by Julio Cesar Vazquez, the Argentine light-middle, & by a couple of other dudes when he was at welter.

You're forgetting when Roger Mayweather dumped him with a right hand .........after getting his shorts pulled down by Whitaker clowning around.

He still won the fight but that just proved Roger wasn't to be fked with. You could beat him but don't fk with him.

He took a knee against Hernandez I think because he broke his right hand. He's never been put on his ass but Judah legitimately knocked him down, though the ref didn't see it.
Meh....It was an off balance slip..:D

didn't he take the knee when he hurt his hand once? i'm pretty sure that was officially a knockdown.

I remember zab knocking him down. Floyd didn't seem hurt, more just off balance and his glove touched the canvas.

Ref didn't call it so technically it wasn't a knock down, but by rule that was a knockdown.

You're forgetting when Roger Mayweather dumped him with a right hand .........after getting his shorts pulled down by Whitaker clowning around.

He still won the fight but that just proved Roger wasn't to be fked with. You could beat him but don't fk with him.

Hurtado floored him at least once, as well. Most of his KDs were him getting overzealous and getting off balance (Whitaker was odd in the sense that he had incredible footwork, but also compromised his balance a fair bit for various reasons).

Ivan Drago only got knocked down once in a bullshit fight that the ref should have stopped like a million times.

In Mother Russia, referee just for TV, no real use, except for count out.

Zab Judah knocked him down, you could clearly see the glove hit the canvas. Was not called though.

I gotta think that Willie Pep was never knocked down. I am 99 percent sure Charley Burley was never knocked down. Hell, he barely ever got hit.

Zab Judah knocked him down, you could clearly see the glove hit the canvas. Was not called though.

I gotta think that Willie Pep was never knocked down. I am 99 percent sure Charley Burley was never knocked down. Hell, he barely ever got hit.

Pep was KO'd by Saddler. I think Burley was floored a few times (by Charles, at least).

Pep was KO'd by Saddler. I think Burley was floored a few times (by Charles, at least).
Yup, forgot about the Sandy Saddler fight. Really? I never even saw Burley take many punches clean, like ever.

Yup, forgot about the Sandy Saddler fight. Really? I never even saw Burley take many punches clean, like ever.

As someone who has spent a bit of time working in the trades, the idea that someone like Charlie Burley could be that great while regularly working in the factory is amazing to me (not that the trades are factory work, but, there are other examples). We have video evidence, though (and the word of Eddie Futch along with countless other boxing luminaries; Burley was special beyond description).

Pep got face planted by Lulu Perez in a fight he was accused of throwing if I remember correctly.

Back