Which Gi would you buy?

finalboss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Flow kimono Air

• 9 sizes to fit any body type
  • 100% preshrunk fabric (<2% shrinkage)
  • 420gsm pearl weave (100% combed cotton)
  • 8oz ripstop cotton pants - lightweight and breathable
  • High density foam drawstring - no more interrupting class to tie your drawstring

or

Tatami Nova

• FEATURES TATAMI LOGO PATCHES
  • NEW DESIGN
  • NEW IMPROVED CUT
  • 450 GSM HYBRID WEAVE JACKET
  • 9oz POLY COTTON PANTS
OR

Hypnotic Base

• COMES WITH FREE WHITE BELT
  • 425 GSM HIGH-TECH WEAVE JACKET
  • 10oz TWILL PANTS FOR LONG LASTING USE
  • RUBBER COLLAR
  • FEATURES HYPNOTIK LOGO PATCHES
Thanks in advance

HCK double weave or old school ADIDAS double weave. I'll rip your hands open trying to grip fight

I would not get a gi with rip stop pants. Rip stop does not last long in my experience. Therefore, I would get the Tatami probably.

In the price range you are looking into:

Tatami Nova
93 brand standard issue
scramble standard issue
fuji all around

Fuji double-weave

HCK double weave or old school ADIDAS double weave. I'll rip your hands open trying to grip fight

Moskito-Light-blau.jpg

I would not get a gi with rip stop pants. Rip stop does not last long in my experience. Therefore, I would get the Tatami probably.

I like ripstop pants. They are my favorite.

I have a black tatami nova and a white scramble standard issue custom. I highly recommend both for their quality, fit, and value.

Some dudes in my gym have the Nova. No issues from what I've gathered.

I suggest fuji gi. Very affordable and it will last long

Seems to me the Nova is a bit expensive in the US given the price we pay in the UK. Conversely, Fuji are much cheaper in the US. So I suspect the Fuji might be better value in the US.

i'm really trying not to fanboy on Fuji but for the price it's really hard to beat. Taped seams, good fit, good material, and under $100? hell yes.

The only thing I dislike about them is the length of the drawstring on the pants only lets you single-knot.

Back