Which former LW champion would have been the toughest fight for Khabib?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Lets say the version of Khabib who fought Conor would be facing the prime version of each one of these fighters.

Which former LW champ gives him the most problems? Maybe even beats him?

i

Eddie Alvarez

i

Rafael dos Anjos

i

Anthony Pettis

i

Benson Henderson

i

Frankie Edgar

i

BJ Penn

i

Sean Sherk*

r62109_608x342_16-9.jpg

Jens Pulver

What about Prime McGregor?

Benson would be a good fight.

Most likely. Prime Frankie might be one tough fight though
Edgar would be my real answer. I was literally just talking about that matchup to my cousin. He said he wants to see Edgar at 135, and I said fuck that I’m sick of fighters cutting weight. Rather have him go back up to 155, he only lost really close decisions at 55.

Edgar would be my real answer. I was literally just talking about that matchup to my cousin. He said he wants to see Edgar at 135, and I said fuck that I’m sick of fighters cutting weight. Rather have him go back up to 155, he only lost really close decisions at 55.

The decision against Benson Henderson were razor close and the 2nd fight was his for sure IMO

Nah, would probably look like the first Maynard fight.

I would say BJ, just look at how he got back up against GSP after taking a brutal beating, pure magic. He would also have a reach advantage and would easily win the striking and wouldn't hesitate to throw cause he wouldn't be scared of the TD and also had great TD defence.

Benson would also be interesting I think but less likely to win.

Edgar and Sherk both had first rate wrestling, so I'd go with them.

Frankie or Benson.

Frankie has good wrestling and boxing, and his cardio could closely match Khabib’s.

Benson is tough as hell to get down and has solid body kicks.

Edit: Prime Frankie smokes Conor. He might still beat him.

prime bj would knock khabib out.

Eddie has the cardio, TDD/defensive wrestling and much superior boxing/power to test Khabib throughout

BJ could end it early on with his skills

Peak RDA is also in the discussion with them

no one else there has much of a shot

LW has been a stacked division since when? It's inception? Gotta love MMA.

I can't honestly say any of these fights wouldn't be hard for Khabib. You specified prime vs prime, and LW seems to have always been full of killers, especially when it came to the cream of the crop.

Maybe he'd have it easier against Sherk and Pulver than the rest, but who's to say?

I'd pick Bendo. BJ has the skills to do it just doesn't have the size.

Eddie
Bendo
Frankie
BJ
Sherk

They would all be great fights and could go either way. We really don't know how a Khabib fight against a great wrestler (or a prime BJ) would look like. Maybe Khabib steamrolls them, maybe he gets nullified. I hope we get a chance to see that kind of matchups in the future.

Honestly feel like hes the best to date. Benson probably gives him his toughest fight.

Lol at ppl picking Edgar and Sherk. Those guys are tiny compared to Khabib. The only one who maybe would've had a chance is BJ just based on his first GSP fight.

Back