Which fighters have the most heart of all time?

Diego Sanchez and the Diaz brothers

Surprised more people haven’t mentioned Diaz bros. Been fighting for years and you can’t find a single bout of them mentally giving up despite some serious punishment being given. Impossible to mentally break them.

Matsui
Goddamm that man could take a beating

According to Bas: Funaki

th

chris leben
I was so mad at Akiyama that night. Lenten has almost caught him multiple times on the ground through the fight and he would still get in his guard in a fight he was winning handily. I knew he was going to get submitted if he kept playing in Lebens guard that night, and I was right

Too lazy to look but I hope Holly got mentions...and I generally dislike WMMA, but seeing her fighting spirit as Tata put her to sleep was impressive.

Elkins probably deserves to be mentioned.

And fuck it, Ngannou too and I’m being serious. He stayed in there for 5 rounds with Stipe and even while being extremely gassed he was throwing heat as long as he could. The guy was homeless so it’s not really surprising.

I vaguely remember Sakuraba was beaten up in K-1 Hero's and came back and subbed the European opponent.

Just Bleed God. I am not sure if it's heart or lack of ability to try something new but I enjoy his style. It is like Bovy.

Good mentions so far, especially the overlooked guys like Shoji and Matsui. I'd add Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin.

Frankie, Big Nog, Saku, Machida, Faber

He never has, his corner waived off that fight

Because Penn refused to answer them when they asked if he wanted to keep fighting. He quit, he just didn't want to say it

Honestly too many to list.

Shogun, for one.

inb4 some absolute retard brings up the Jones fight

Bringing up Shogun tapping to Jones as a reason he doesn't have the most heart doesn't make someone a retard. Shogun has shown a shit load of heart, but there are plenty of fighters who would not have tapped to Jones in the same situation

Diego Sanchez and the Diaz brothers

Surprised more people haven’t mentioned Diaz bros. Been fighting for years and you can’t find a single bout of them mentally giving up despite some serious punishment being given. Impossible to mentally break them.

Nick stopped trying after he was outmatched by Condit, GSP and Anderson. He literally stopped chasing Condit and just stood there the last 2 rounds against Condit. Against GSP he just held on a turtled. He didn't even attack off his back. He just accepted the loss. And against Anderson he again just stood there in the later rounds doing nothing. If Nick knows he is outmatched he just survives and goes on the defense. Nate is different though

Because Penn refused to answer them when they asked if he wanted to keep fighting. He quit, he just didn't want to say it
8B9Enge6ftsNlLYXR6zddaN1RAYDBGvRTx9UhM2bfNmEnoDGapxSi3dzYLxVxatvc6czNWCw=s0-d

I believe you...

Back