Which fighters do you think are naturally...

It helps that he got training opportunities that other fighters could not afford
<mma4>

this is true, and bj the lazy bastard didnt use them the same way other fighters would have! but still pwned anyone when he was slightly motivated.

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

Paul Daly's a naturally gifted striker but that's pretty much all he's got

Fedor is the definition of hard work. When he was in the military he dedicated whatever small amount of time was left in the day to training and improving in martial arts.

After USADA and the IV ban it turns out Big Rig is neither.

Krazy Horse is the obvious answer. His record sucks but he's made his entire career off of his natural ability.

I believe Dan Kelly had to work for all his accomplishments, at least in MMA, he has the body of a truckdriver who just started diet, still many times somehow wins the fight, he is just tough, cant speak for his judo stuff though.

Ninja Rua, seemed talented but not athletic at all and had a $2 gas tank.
Anyone that earned their way into the UFC has to work hard. Gifted would be bring in the right division (wmma) that allows you to just be a fighter to get signed.

i remember Fedor's first sambo coach saying he was never the most talented, but that he was the most determined.

Colby-Covington-weigh-in.jpg

Mixture of both. Virgins wouldn’t understand
Look at the broad in the background.

Definitely a 7 and up.

GSP is the GOAT and he is not that talented, I think it's all hard work in his case.
GSP may be a hard worker but he is SUPREMELY talented. He may not run a 4.4 40 like Cormier, or be some highly decorated amateur, but he is absolutely the cream of the crop genetics wise. Conor talks about 'talent being a myth' too, but that he reality is, a guy like Paddy Holohan could never move like or do what Mighty Mouse does, even if he trained his whole life.

<mma4>

this is true, and bj the lazy bastard didnt use them the same way other fighters would have! but still pwned anyone when he was slightly motivated.

<Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45>

He was always motivated the same, which is not that much. He always looked fine at LW (till he got old) and then would gas at WW. If he wasn't "motivated" for the second gsp fight, which was being called the biggest fight ever, then you are not going to be motivated for any fight ever

Gastelum is talented for sure. So is Jones.

Hardworkers are Conor with boxing talent. Aldo always struck me as talented.

GSP is not particularly gifted, I would say. Yet he is the best, ever.
The way he picked up wrestling without ever doing it in high school or college is pretty damn gifted

The way he picked up wrestling without ever doing it in high school or college is pretty damn gifted

I think it has to do with his work ethic and intelligence more than athletic gift.

Back