Which fighters did you have high hopes for once upon a time?

I thought Bobby Green was going to be a top contender and fight for the title.

Nick Denis. Canadian bantamweight who was fun to watch.

If you know who he is then post that damn gif. You know which one.

After UFC38 I thought we’d be seeing Ian Freeman and Mark Weir in contention with the top fighters in their weight classes for years to come. Had even higher hope for Lee Murray...

Joe Lauzon. Broke into the UFC with an upset KO of Jens Pulver, had some spectacular performances/finishes, but just couldn't keep that momentum consistent.

I think Lauzon spent too much time on his computer and not enough time on his conditioning. If he had a better gastank he would have reversed a few of those L's into W's

Phil Davis, I thought he could be champion.

TJ Grant

Way back in the day, I thought Ralph Gracie would be a killer.

I thought Steve Cantwell was a future contender after his knockout of Stann in WEC and nasty submission of Al-Hassan in his UFC debut.

I also thought that Brandao was a special talent after he beat Caraway and Bermudez on TUF, like a Thiago Alves with a ground game. :confused:

Cantwell is a good one. I met him a long time ago when he was in the WEC and was really excited because i though he was a future UFC champ. lol

I thought Guillard was a future champion when he was kneeing everybody

2ngd5ad.gif

1pe9tl.jpg

2_medium.gif

I loved watching Guillard fight back in the day, always brought it. Just had a glass jaw and weak ground game.

I would’ve bet a million dollars Brandao and Rony Jason would be title contenders

Hector Lombard. The first fight I saw from him was vs. Jay Silva in Bellator. Watched the whole building up, Jay was talking that mess hard then 6 seconds in I was sold in him. Then he came to the UFC, though he'd be the champ in no time. Lost all faith once he fought Dan Henderson. It's super depressing if I really think about it.

Mike QUICK Swick!
Patrick Cote!

Those for sure

Add David lousiau, joe Lauson , Jason mayhem miller, Nate marquart , Scott Smith

Going further back patt Smith , after his destruction. Of Scott Morris thought he would be unstoppable

And the greatest let down of all time

Lightning Lee Murray. It’s a shame we never got to see a rematch with Anderson Silva.

Honorable mention for James Irvin

Thiago Silva, almost like a nastier version of Ricardo Arona dudes.

Way more character and Silva is a legit thug crazy mother fucker. Not that I respect that kind of behavior but in a fight I do.

Sepultura entrance music is a plus.

<5>

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I thought Tyson Griffin would be LW champ at one point.
Tyson Griffen was badass.. I remember when some little dude named Frankie Edgar made his debut and won that decision against him I was pissed lol but became a Frankie fan from that point on.

Thiago Alves
Thiago Tavares
Tyson Griffin
Spencer The King Fisher
Rory MacDonald
Michael McDonald
Miguel Torres
Matt Brown
Roger Huerta

Soa Palelei on his second ufc run, with his size, power and GnP I thought a more mature Soa would do some serious damage in the HW division.

I said many times, I genuinely believed... to the point of putting it in my sig, that terry etim would be champ by 2017

Back