Which fighter is wasting their career the worst in ONE?

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
The major contenders:

Ben Askren
Marat Gafurov
Lowen Tynanes

Other contenders:

Luis Santos
Vitaly Bigdash
Dae Hwan Kim

I don't count Fernandes since his prime is over, and nobody seriously considers him a threat to the world elite at 135.

I don't think Dae Hwan Kim is with ONE anymore, he just recently won a 1-night tourney in ALL FC.

Probably Askren considering he was a Bellator champ, has cleared out most of WW outside the UFC and is now on the wrong side of 30. Tynanes is still young and seems to be trying to wait out his contract so he should be free before too long. Gafurov is also on the wrong side of 30 but at least there are still possible interesting fights for him if ONE tries hard enough to make them.

His prime is over based on what? He's on a 12 fight winning streak.

I don't want to be rude but I think his last 2 fights have demonstrated that Askren's prime really is over

You don't need to lose to be out of your prime..12-0 Rickson Gracie is surely out of his prime by now

I don't want to be rude but I think his last 2 fights have demonstrated that Askren's prime really is over

You don't need to lose to be out of your prime..12-0 Rickson Gracie is surely out of his prime by now
TS was talking about Bibiano Fernandes.

I don't think Askren is out of his prime as much as he is just kinda out of shape.

His prime is over based on what? He's on a 12 fight winning streak.
He's 37 man. If he were to be signed by the UFC nobody thinks he could make a run for the title.

He 100% made the right decision being a big fish in a small pond staying in ONEFc.

I'd have to say Michael ''Mayday'' McDonald due to him being constantly inactive and training at a low caliber gym for the level that he competes at.
I feel technical wise he's declined as oppose to the level of potential he displayed when he first came to the UFC.

I'd have to say Michael ''Mayday'' McDonald due to him being constantly inactive and training at a low caliber gym for the level that he competes at.
I feel technical wise he's declined as oppose to the level of potential he displayed when he first came to the UFC.

Fights in bellator

Askren..:.tynanes prime fighters

Bibi's opposition it's a shame also..

Bibiano I would have loved to have seen outside One more in his career. Askren obviously as well.

None of them are Couture or Henderson's level. Those guys are wasting their life time in MMA.
They should be applying for federal jobs before they get too old.

Askren for sure and followed by Fernandes.

Fernandes I would've really liked to see how he would've stacked up against the best a few years ago. For as much praise as he gets he sure does go to the judges cards way too often.

Ben Askren, Lowen Tynanes, Marat Gafurov, Vitaly Bigdash in that order.

Tynanes mainly because of that whole King of the Cage thing going down. Totally messed up his momentum, he still is in shape but still hasnt fought since Colossa (another guy whos career wasted in ONE because of contract disputes)

Tynanes mainly because of that whole King of the Cage thing going down. Totally messed up his momentum, he still is in shape but still hasnt fought since Colossa (another guy whos career wasted in ONE because of contract disputes)
? He's fought 6 times since the Colossa fight, the most recent being in April of last year

Lets be real here. Fernandes is a good fighter but he lost a fight in his prime to Takaya. Now Takaya was on quite the run at the time but neither one was ever going to be a title contender in the WEC or UFC. He made a great choice for his career getting paid incredibly well in One FC to fight mediocre competition.

Bibi v Warren 2 would be promotable in Bellator but would be harder to contend in UFC now at his age. To bad Bibi would have been interesting in UFC now but given the lower pay at the lower weights except champs , financially Bibi likely no worse off and less restrictions.

did waste? bibi and askren.

is wasting? askren, by a margin that's unparalleled.

Back