Which fighter has displayed the most "heart"?

Coleman impressed me to no end when he refused to stop in the Shogun rematch. That man has to be the toughest man in the game. He literally had nothing left but guts and he refused to stop.

This thread needs some love for J-Lau

lauzonduring.jpg

What was that guy on the season of ultimate fighter that got his two front teeth knocked out into his mouthpiece and had to pull the teeth out of his mouth piece so that he can continue? Bisping was the opposing coach and was whining. That guy gets my vote

Dude, Shogun tapped to strikes. No broken bones, just bruises, and he couldn't take it anymore.

Look at how much damage he took beforehand, though. Also, look at how much damage he took in the Hendo fight; how he remained conscious and won the later rounds is beyond me.

Shogun is as tough as nails.

If Frankie Edgar has more heart than just about anyone else fighting today. Too bad for BJ.

A motivated BJ threw in the towel between rounds against GSP. He didn't do it because he had been beat within an inch of his life and was unable to continue. He was losing and just decided to give up. Not fighter bashing, but doing that 1 time pretty much excludes a fighter from a thread like this.
If thats the case, than Frankie Edgar should be excluded.
In Maynard/Edgar 2, while Maynard was whaling on him, Edgar's own Corner had the towel rolled and were screaming for the Ref to "stop the fight". Edgar, at that moment, turned his back on the fight and grabbed the Cage Fence with both hands to stop Maynard's assault. Edgar was finished at that moment. Yet, that's acceptable for Edgar?

Matt Brice
Frankie Edgar
Travis Browne (cant stand him, but he just pulled off an amazing feet, say what you will about Ubereem's consistency. Also, suck my balls all of you)

I dont like edgar, in fact I think he fights to "steal" fights but heart? He`s got it.

A fighter that taps to strikes never belongs on this list. I don't care if it's Shogun, he tapped the mat to quit because of pain. You have to question his heart from that point onward.

Diego Sanchez should be up for consideration.

A lot of people don't like him, and he is weird, but the guy has always shown ridiculous heart. His willpower is pretty crazy.

Back