Which fighter has displayed the most "heart"?

No one has more heart than a motivated BJ Penn.

Sakuraba, TK, Minotauro, Shogun, Fedor, Edgar.

Edgar is #1. Fought guys who are bigger than him all throughout his career. Managed to become champ

JDS
Nog

#1 is Frankie without a doubt though. Tyson Griffin bent his knee backward and he didn't tap, and Maynard landed 90 punches in a round and he survived

Big Nog (no 1 warrior)

Saku

Edgar

Forrest? Doesnt come near those three

Shogun used to have it.
He used to have it.

I love watching Shogun fight just as much as the next guy, and I think he's an awesome fighter, and anybody who steps into the cage has some amount of heart, but when you tap to strikes, it shows you don't have enough heart.

I train as well as teach, and I would never tap to strikes ( yes I've taken some good beatings ), nor would I tell any if my pupils that its ok to tap to strikes, although ultimately it's their decision, they just can't expect me to continue training them though.

If you train it must be some type of women's self defense.

I thought Maldonado was about to die vs Glover. I was genuinely concerned for his health in that one. Tremendous show of heart.

JDS
Nog

#1 is Frankie without a doubt though. Tyson Griffin bent his knee backward and he didn't tap, and Maynard landed 90 punches in a round and he survived

Forgot about they tyson griffin thing

No one has more heart than a motivated BJ Penn.

A motivated BJ threw in the towel between rounds against GSP. He didn't do it because he had been beat within an inch of his life and was unable to continue. He was losing and just decided to give up. Not fighter bashing, but doing that 1 time pretty much excludes a fighter from a thread like this.

A motivated BJ threw in the towel between rounds against GSP. He didn't do it because he had been beat within an inch of his life and was unable to continue. He was losing and just decided to give up. Not fighter bashing, but doing that 1 time pretty much excludes a fighter from a thread like this.

That was clearly not a motivated BJ Penn.

Back