Which fighter has displayed the most "heart"?

shogun for sure. he's been in so many all out wars and has been at the receiving end of some beatdowns, and he still keeps coming. if there was some type of formula to calculate fighting age. i'd bet his fighting age is higher than mma fighters who had long careers and retired 10 years ago.

that was one of the most brutal beatings ive ever seen. i wish he tapped earlier and it doesnt mean he has any less heart.

I love watching Shogun fight just as much as the next guy, and I think he's an awesome fighter, and anybody who steps into the cage has some amount of heart, but when you tap to strikes, it shows you don't have enough heart.

I train as well as teach, and I would never tap to strikes ( yes I've taken some good beatings ), nor would I tell any if my pupils that its ok to tap to strikes, although ultimately it's their decision, they just can't expect me to continue training them though.

JDS I mean sweet jesus there were parts of the Cain 2 fight that were comical, he was just standing there taking it like it was nothing. What a tough son of a bitch.

Also Urijah Faber. Come on, that second MTB fight, 120% heart

Big nog comes to mind, he doesn't even tap when you are breaking his arm.

mirnog.gif

Sure fucking looks like a tap to me

Surprised no one has said Franklin. The man's shown crazy heart in his career and doesn't get near enough praise.

Took insane beatings from Silva twice, KO'd Chuck with a broken arm, continued to fought Henderson after a terrible eye poke, came back from getting hurt badly against Wand in the rematch, etc

The man wasn't the most skilled fighter in the world but he worked harder than anyone and he showed it in his fights

Watch Forrest/Tito I, Forrest/Bonnar, Forrest/Shogun I, Forrest/Rampage.

This is about heart, not chin.

Not to mention earlier in his career when he broke his arm against Paredao and then proceeded to KO him

Maldanado coming out for the second round against Glover deserves a mention.

Big Nog by far
Saku, Frankie, Shogun, Urijah and Fedor deserve shouts

7 pages and not one person said Roy Nelson. Werdum, Miocic and Dos Santos fights!!!

BJ Penn took crazy damage from Diaz and Rory.
Edgars 2 maynard fights
Hendo Shogun both of them
Wandy wont quit unless you put his lights out

I love watching Shogun fight just as much as the next guy, and I think he's an awesome fighter, and anybody who steps into the cage has some amount of heart, but when you tap to strikes, it shows you don't have enough heart.

I train as well as teach, and I would never tap to strikes ( yes I've taken some good beatings ), nor would I tell any if my pupils that its ok to tap to strikes, although ultimately it's their decision, they just can't expect me to continue training them though.

Im starting to doubt you even saw the fight, theres a point in a fight when its just time to say enough, by the time he tapped it was clear he was no threat to jj and he was taking the kind of damage that could be permanent.

And what does enough heart mean? Enough heart to take H-bombs for 3 rds and win the last 2? Enough heart to come back from potentially career ending injuries to become champion?

So if a person gives up once while showing a ton of heart throughout their career they have no heart?

Do you hold yourself to the same standards? If tou do you must think you are stupid on account of your posts on here.

Maldonado. Left hook Glover hit him with square 10 seconds into their fight would've turned the lights out for many guys. Tough as they come.

Don Frye

/thread

Big Nog
Frankie Edgar
Fabio Maldonado
Shogun Rua
Chan Sung Jung (dude tried to put back together a dislocated shoulder in a fight)
Alistair Overeem
Valentijn Overeem

Back