Which fighter has displayed the most "heart"?

how did forrest make the list:icon_surp

Forrest lost all his heart after he won the title, but before hand he'd been in a lot of gutsy performances. The first Tito fight is almost the definition of heart

Unfortunately when you get by on mostly hard work and not a lot of raw talent, when you reach the top it's hard to keep that focus that got you there. He became complacent and just kind of started going through the motions and it showed in his performances.

Not to be repetitive, but Frankie was the first to come to my mind as well.

Haters gonna hate, but Forrest is up there for the most heart. Fought Severn in his first pro fight, took a beating from Tito in the first fight and came back to almost win, first Shogun fight was a war, Bonnar fight was a war, nearly got finished by Rampage in first round and came back etc.

Bob Sapp

kidding

seriously though, Big Nog, Hendo, Faber, Forrest, Edgar, I'd say Fedor but I don't think he ever felt anything, Maldonado

I think after a certain point there isn't really difference. When you take a beating like Edgar, JDS, or Fedor has, and keep coming, there isn't a level beyond that.

Agree that Edgar has serious heart to have taken the beatings he has and dig deep to continuously try for the win. Some fighters would have accepted defeat and just survived to the end. One fight also comes to mind when Glover beat the snot out of Maldonado and Maldonado kept on fighting despite bring seriously outgunned in that fight.

frankie easy. 2nd and 3rd fight with gray are the kind of fights that i remember where iwas and who i was with. this guy is beyond strong mentally.

097_glover_teixeira_vs_fabio_maldonado_gallery_post.0_standard_352.0.jpeg

kz has to be up there,the man fuck up his shoulder against the goat fw and he just want to que keep fighting

1. Sakuraba...taken some of the worst beatings ever and NEVER gave up!
2. Miesha Tate... her 2 loses to Rousey and Zagano were brutal, but she NEVER gave up!
3. Wanderlei Silva...he's been a ballet of violence for years, win or lose he gives all.
4. Frankie Edgar... See the fights with Maynard, nuff said.
5. Big Nog....legendary

Dude, Shogun tapped to strikes. No broken bones, just bruises, and he couldn't take it anymore.

that was one of the most brutal beatings ive ever seen. i wish he tapped earlier and it doesnt mean he has any less heart.

Back