Which fighter has displayed the most "heart"?

thatone**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Any one who steps into the cage and fights for a living has
"heart'" but which fighter have you seen show the most heart?

At the top of my list is Urijah Faber. His fight with brown win he jacked up both hands and still went out there throwing elbows made me a fan for life. His fight with aldo also showed incredible heart after he was almost crippled and still kept limping back out there to answer the bell. That dude win or lose will be an all time great IMO.

He lost it after he won the title and reached the top, but Forrest used to be up there

Always go back to Tito-Shammy 1...
Ken was taking a hellacious beat down, with no mobility due to a completely jacked knee, still managed to become the first to get up from a Tito take-down when Tito was prime, and still didn't wanna quit. Say what you want about Ken, but many a man would've quit early.
And then there was the Don Frye (Toughest sonofabitch ever) fight...

Faber is up there.

Though I hate him as a fighter, I think Edgar would probably be my top pick for most heart. It's either him or Big Nog.

Good pick with Faber. I'm going to have to go with Edgar. His second and third fights with Maynard displayed Rocky Balboa level heart.

Fedor showed a ridiculous amount of heart against Bigfoot IMO

That beating was horrendous and he still went for a toehold (i think it was?)

chuck didn't care his age caught up with him he still went out there and gave it his all

Overeem :) His entire career is a tale of heart and will to win!

Rocky...I mean, Frankie has to be at the top when it comes to heart. JDS in the Cain fight took the worst beating I've ever seen and 5 round HW fights are rare as hell, his face looked like a hamburger. Carwin took a vicious beating from JDS in their fight as well and didn't give up. Those are the first 3 guys that come to my mind.

He lost it after he won the title and reached the top, but Forrest used to be up there

I'd actually put Forrest as one of the fighters with the least amount of heart. The guy has tapped to strikes and verbally submitted more than anyone I can think of in the UFC.

20120811_kdl_ac4_374.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Back