Which fight was better Lawler vs MacDonald 2 or McGregor vs Diaz 2?

Conor vs. Nate was the best fight in the history of MMA

Conor won but Lawler needed a fighter to quit to keep his belt.

That fight was overrated because of the blood and broken faces. Conor never got touched but he bludgeoned Nate. Lawler did his usual take his foot off the pedal for 2 rounds.
You obviously didn't watch Lawler vs Macdonald II and are clearly biased in your assessment of Diaz vs McGregor II. "Conor never got touched"? Oh really now.
20170119_052607.png

Thanks for ignoring my statement. No one but you and your "fighting experience" thinks that Rory quit. No fighter, coach, or anyone related to fighting have said that Rory quit and somehow you with your amazing more fighting experience than most thinks so. How wise you are to point out something that no other experts have done.

Damn, are you still sulking about this? Damn... do something else with your life...

Lawler/Macdonald 2 and it's not even close

1. Was for a title
2. The fight made sense
3. It was non stop violence
4. WW Champ vs WW #1 as opposed to WW #56 vs WW #237
200.gif

Damn, are you still sulking about this? Damn... do something else with your life...
And yet you felt the need to reply and say nothing to counter my statement for the second time. Damn.

Last edited:
Lawler vs. McDonald. Conor jogging away repeatedly kinda ruined it.

Lawler - MacDonald 2 by far

Lawler was getting wobbled before Usada, Lawler never had an iron chin, just recovery and insanely heart.

People these days call any decline due to Usada, even though fighters have been declining naturally due to age and punishment for years and years... was Joe Louis's decline Usada too? How about Jack Johnson? Muhammed Ali? Roy Jones? Chuck Liddell? Tito Ortiz? Ken Shamrock? BJ Penn? W.Silva? Shogun Rua? Big Nog?
You really should have left both shammy and Wand off this list if you want to make a serious point.

Unlike most people, Rory/Robbie 2 was a bit too slow for me to call it the greatest. Diaz vs Conor 2 is entertaining all the way through.

Exactly. The first couple rounds of Rory vs Robbie werent' the greatest.

Nate vs Conor II was insane all the way through. Conor dominating the first 2 rounds with a few knockdowns. The casuals I was watching was saying shit like "Nates gonna get finished" and "wow, I feel embarassed for even going for Nate", and me as a hardcore knows to never count out a Diaz and I told them that too. Nate making a comeback late 2nd and 3rd round and getting the crowd chanting "DIAZ DIAZ". All the casuals I was watching with were standing up and into the fight. Everyone thinking that Nate's got the rest of the fight after the 3rd but somehow Conor catches a second wind in the 4th. And all the dramatics such as the taunting and the controversial decision only added to it. The fight was just nuts.

It's like picking your favourite child - you can't do it. They were both awesome in their own merit.

Lawler/McDonald got off to a far slower start than people seem to remember. Nothing much happened for 10 minutes and then it turned into the most horrifically bloody fight in history.

Diaz/McGregor started off with a fucking bang. McGregor wrecked Diaz in the first 8 minutes, then Diaz turned the tables in the next 8 minutes and made us think it would end like the first fight at any second. Then McGregor had a second wind in the fourth and the last round saw both guys battling exhaustion to try and get the upper hand.

The D/M fight didn't have a finish, and there were no gratuitous injuries like L/M. L/M had slow early rounds where as D/M was fireworks basically the whole time.

I enjoyed both too much to pick a winner.

I'd say probably Lawler and Rory but McGregor Vs Diaz had better story so it made the fight much better

i'll have to sit in a sweat lodge for an extended period of time to figure out this one

You really should have left both shammy and Wand off this list if you want to make a serious point.

Why? Silva was declining before he even got to the UFC, so whether he was taking a shit ton of roids in pride or not (probably was) doesn't matter, he still declined massively in chin and recoverabilty.

Back