Which era of MMA was/is your favorite?

When everyone was Corn to the Core.

Trivia bonus: Who are the legendary UFC fighters pictured here?

Pretty sure this was a commercial shown repeatedly during TUF Season 1

2013-2017 was a crazy time for MMA. Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey had a massive impact on the sport.

The current era. Nostalgia is a liar.

I'm sure all ya in your teens n 20s love this current era sucks ya never got to see the 2000s n 2010s live or on ppv all you have is utube n fight pass to go on hahaha

Minus JJ Gone are the days off this & you'll probably never see it againView attachment 1034409
So i was going to post in b4 this picture but im too late

Late 2000s through early 2010s. Let's call it 2008-2013. Champions were active, contenders earned (most of) their shots, and it felt like you really had the best fighters at each weight as champion (maybe HW is an exception here). The era with Cruz, Aldo, Edgar, GSP, Silva, Jones, and Cain was just unreal. Great fights, fun personas, and depth at most divisions.

Not like today where winning 9 fights in a row still isn't good enough to get a title shot because some guy that hasn't won in 2 years decided he's next and Dana agreed

I dont have one.

MMA was its most exciting FOR ME when it was NEW to ME.

The enthusiasm I had then can never be replicated later on. Thats what alot of people dont understand. They think MMA isnt as good but it’s always been good,it’s just not fresh and new for them anymore. So I dont pick an era. It's been a great ride the whole goddamned way through,and im never gonna get off the ride,cos thats for fuckin sissies.
This. This is just how things work for most people with most things (the point where the emotional connection is most intense). Self awareness isn’t lost on you.

Reactions: HHJ
Late 2000s through early 2010s. Let's call it 2008-2013. Champions were active, contenders earned (most of) their shots, and it felt like you really had the best fighters at each weight as champion (maybe HW is an exception here). The era with Cruz, Aldo, Edgar, GSP, Silva, Jones, and Cain was just unreal. Great fights, fun personas, and depth at most divisions.

Not like today where winning 9 fights in a row still isn't good enough to get a title shot because some guy that hasn't won in 2 years decided he's next and Dana agreed
Well said I totally agree

For me I think I'd have to go with the late Pride days before the UFC purchased them. Those cards fueled me to work hard and walk on to my college's wrestling team (only to end up getting 5 knee surgeries and barely win any matches over 4 years lol).

Back