Which do you Value More: Physical Strength or Intelligence

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Which is the more valuable in our society? Or is a healthy balance of the two the best way to go?

I don't see many things physical actually being important in today's society. Mental strength and intelligence is where it's at, and even then, people walk around all day with a device in their pocket that has an answer to every question on it.

Semi intelligent, good decision making skills, and motivation/drive is where its at today. The higher caliber those three things are, the further you get in life today.

Both, as I have neither these days.

Intelligence especially if I am always able to just train to get stronger

Pure physical strength is essentially useless beyond the age of 30. Intelligence is rewarded constantly. Stay relatively fit and you can still get laid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Healthy balance ftw. But if you have to have one or the other, I'm picking intellect.

Younger: Intelligence.

Now that I'm middle aged: Strength.

Honestly. The older I get, the more unhealthy I see my peers. My demographic spends their days in a cubical..getting unhealthy. Then, they struggle with shoveling snow, and have heart attacks by 50.

Shit. I can't believe I'm typing this. Me just a couple of years ago would say "Intelligence, hands down."

Don't get me wrong, I still read a lot, do sudoku before I fall asleep at night, and me and the missus do crosswords together. But, the older I get the more I feel proud that I'm (relatively) fit.

I'd rather be the guy with an IQ of 100 and live a ripe old age and play with my grandkids than be the guy with a 150 IQ and die raking leaves at 45 because I spend my days typing TPS Reports in a cubical.

Now, in a week, if I slip a disc in my back while wrestling with the high school team I coach, then I revert back to "Intelligence is the most important aspect for people".

Who the fuck values strength over intelligence?

Intelligence.

Here's why... You can find any dudebro in a gym working out his muscles, but throughout my life, I've met only a small handful of people who truly have the ability to reason. Even most people we deem "smart" are just educated or knowledgeable about certain subjects, their logic could be crap.

Intelligence if I can only pick one.

Strength vs. intelligence, I'd pick intelligence...but alluding to what Fluffernutter said, I'd choose a solid base of fitness/health and the ability to walk around unassisted into my 80s over being extremely smart any day.

both, intelligence has the edge in between the two but the body is the temple and the mind is the blade, both must be trained

Strength vs. intelligence, I'd pick intelligence...but alluding to what Fluffernutter said, I'd choose a solid base of fitness/health and the ability to walk around unassisted into my 80s over being extremely smart any day.

You and I can be mall walkers together when we are in our 80s.

You bring the coffee and I'll bring the pedometers.

That is, if they have malls when we are in our 80s.

Intelligence will always be more valued, but strength will always be more admired.

You and I can be mall walkers together when we are in our 80s.

You bring the coffee and I'll bring the pedometers.

That is, if they have malls when we are in our 80s.

People will just browse the Amazon app and consider the swiping a workout.

I think more men respect a strong man than a smart one.

Otherwise chess tournaments would have Superbowl viewing numbers, no?
People in general are more offended when you insult their intelligence than when you criticize their athletic ability

I value my intelligence, but my ego is more proud of my physical strengths.

Back