Which current LHWs could defeat prime Tim Sylvia?

Jon Jones wouldn't beat Tim Sylvia HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
hippo.jpg

Jones struggles when his reach is nullified. He fought one dude his own size and got beat up.

Timmeh is taller and has 40 pounds on him. He jabs his way to a boring decision

gus, manuwa, cormier, jones, rumble, and possibly osp. sylvia was a great range fighter but if he was taken out of his groove, his chin was vulnerable. even a guy like monson was able to test his grappling and sylvia did great.

for those who wanna pretend sylvia was complete trash, this man fucked prime arlovski up even tho he decisioned andrei in a shitty rematch. he had big nog all but finished in their fight too until a signature comeback from big nog.

Jones struggles when his reach is nullified. He fought one dude his own size and got beat up.

relax. its not a boxing match. jones struggles on the feet w the maineiac but jones can take him down literally whenever he wants. sylvia's tdd was good by 2006 standards. its not the case for 2017.

The worlds strongest man couldnt take big tim down without turning purple. I have faith he can stop a takedown from spindly jones

You think JBJ walks around at 205 he would easily be 225-230 for that fight and might be the most talented person to ever throw a punch. If Randy dominated Tim JBJ might murder him.

The only LHW I'd definitively favor over Prime Timmeh is Cormier. DC essentially does what Randy used to do, but he's better at it. Better wrestling in the clinch and better boxing. You could argue that Randy had better top control and better ground and pound. But DC could successfully use the same strategy that Randy used.

Rumble's quickness and power could give Sylvia problems for the first round or two. Could go either way, but I'd give the slight advantage to Sylvia.

Gus's boxing could keep him competitive with Sylvia on the feet. But I suspect that Sylvia's power advantage would win out.

Sylvia clobbers Jones. Although Jones is a better overall fighter than the other LHWs listed, Sylvia is a terrible matchup for him. It's been clearly demonstrated that Jones has trouble with guys who have similar height and reach to him. In this case, Sylvia actually has a significant height advantage. Seeing befuddled Jones looked against OSP, who is an extremely limited fighter, makes me believe Sylvia would make quick work of him.

Sylvia walks through the other LHWs fairly easily.

someone started watching MMA in their join date year
Watched UFC 1 when I was 9 and been a fan for 2/3 of my life there little fella. And maybe you just don't realize how much/fast the sport has grown. And the fact of the matter is Tim Sylvia is or never was an all time great.Jon Jones,
Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson and Jimi Manuw all smash him within two rounds.

Id honestly only favor DC over prime Tim. Prime Tim was no joke as much as hes joked about around here. Maybe give Rumble a slight chance. He beats the rest though.

He does not beat fucking jones for christs sake. Honestly other than AA who did he beat? 5th fight rothwell? Ricco? He was not a world beater by any means, not even close! Jones would crush him, as would DC, Rumble, Gus, prime shogun, rampage, and probably a few more that I am not thinking of....

Cormier would wrestle fuck and grind Tim to dust.

The other big names like Jones, Rumble, Gus and such would be so much faster than Tim it would be silly.

People forget how poor Tim's footwork was, how little he moved his head, and how damned slow he was. It's one thing when you are fighting equally slow grapplers like Monson or chinny HWs with equally poor defense like Arlovski, but as fighter as dynamic as Jones or Rumble would make Tim look silly. Much like a dynamic, explosive Fedor did.

Watched UFC 1 when I was 9 and been a fan for 2/3 of my life there little fella. And maybe you just don't realize how much/fast the sport has grown. And the fact of the matter is Tim Sylvia is or never was an all time great.Jon Jones,
Daniel Cormier, Anthony Johnson and Jimi Manuw all smash him within two rounds.

awe sounds like it didn't much then
Jim Manuwa over Tim Sylvia? lol

Timmy loses to atleast the top 6. Just hope he doesn't shit himself , then he would lose to all by DQ.

Like how Randy did back in the day, which LHWs could beat prime Tim?

Tim "The Spider" Sylvia

vs

Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Anthony Johnson
Alexander
Gustuffson (yes I know that's spelled wrong :D)
Glover Teixeira
Jimi Manuwa
Mauricio Rua

Ovince "Saint" Preux
Mischa Cirkunov
Corey "The Next" Anderson

I left out Volkan because we haven't seen much of him yet. Which ones can overcome Sylvia?

Green you good to go for the win, Yellow pump the brakes they gotta chance, Red Tim stop. I only gave them stops to Tim because I wanted to use the red, even a prime Tim struggles with athletic fighters.

Jones, Rumble and Cormier.

The rest I'd either favour Tim or a tossup.

Prime Tim had good TDD, a decent chin, 6"8 and knew how to use his length and KO power in his hands and feet.

tim.gif

This.

Are we talking Prime Roided Tim? That guy would fuck 'me all up.

Fat Tim not so much but he's still beat a good number of them. Surprised people think Manuwa would beat him.

Back