Which country would be the power house of MMA in a decade?

If they had the interest India could do well. They have a strong wrestling tradition and the obvious huge population.

How about in 10 years?
Still think it won't happen. Sure, there will be always the odd Conor McGregor from a country without a lot of MMA tradition but a large number of top fighters in every division like Japan and Brazil had back in the day? Nope, I don't see it happening.

Still think it won't happen. Sure, there will be always the odd Conor McGregor from a country without a lot of MMA tradition but a large number of top fighters in every division like Japan and Brazil had back in the day? Nope, I don't see it happening.

<mma4>

A pointer for commom sense.
Murica isn't the leading country for MMA. Murica is the leading country for Murican MMA organisations.

KSW will tell you that the Polish are the best (and in reality, the next 5 years will see their talent increase exponentially).

ACB and M1 will tell you that it is Russia.

Guess what ONE fc will tell you?

Dana White isn't going to start bringing in too many Chechens, Kazakhs and the like unless they already have demi-God status in their respective countries. Otherwise he can't make his money back.

Bellator already has a decent mix of fighters and travel to obscure places (Tel-Aviv) to show this. They are open minded to the future, not just the American fantasy.

The East has better wrestlers, by Olympic accomplishment and world championship accomplishment. They also have better kickboxers in the same light.

So, if Dana Fucking White chose to, he could already hype up some more Communist offspring and you'll have a big challenge on your hands pretending that USA is number 1.

I'm English and I wish that it would be from here but as somebody who has been training, fighting and training others and watching the domestic scene - the UK interest has levelled out and domsestically, MMA still pays fuck all, even with huge inflation and bills to pay. Expect to see better quality fighters from here, but fewer of them.

Russia will prevail in this game . You can see it by their promotions growth , the quality of noname fights

trump-draws-the-alphabet.gif

"The hugest fight IQ in all of the universe, it's true."

Truth.
Most don't realize he's playing 4d chess.

Wales.

Why? Fuck you, thats why.

Hit me up in 10 years if im wrong mother fuckers.....

Obviously USA will still be on top.
Canada, Western Europe/UK, Australia, and Brasil will still providing a steady supply of stars.
But as far as nations on the rise, I feel the key is to remember what nations are known for excelling in current combat sports that are underrepresented currently.

Mexico
Russia
Eastern Europe (Azerbaijan, Georgia, Poland, Balkans, etc.)
Cuba
Greece
Turkey
Japan
Thailand
Philippines
Western Africa
The Caribbean
The rest of South America (other than Brasil)

But who knows....a lot of it depends on popular interest and having access/resources to the proper training.

USA
Brazil
Everyone else...

I don't see why it would be any different in 10 years compared to how it is now

lower weight classes, Indonesia , singapore malaysia phillipines

If USADA is still doing testing, USA. If you take a look at the roster and compare top guys in each division vs how many are from each country, There is less USA fighters at the top getting caught by USADA.

Back