Which country would be the power house of MMA in a decade?

USA always. and maybe Antarctica will start to have a good run in the next few years.

Australia is on its way up. Whittaker, Tuivasa and volkanovski are leading the way. Its a country that loves sports and mma is finally taking off

I've seen better fights in school yards. And it looked like DaDa 5000 gassed out there at the end.
I was laughing at how badly the flinched and looked away when they saw punches coming. Who would view this as a good display of combat lmao

For the next decade I would keep some eyes on; Sweden, Bulgaria and Ireland. Those countries among the traditional powerhouses of; The US, Russia and Brazil.

I base this on the success these countries have had in the amateur ranks. As the world amateur circuit continues to develop, it should produce some seasoned fighters that will burst onto the pro scene. We can see this beginning with guys like Jose Shorty Torres two time IMMAF World champion and current two weight Titan FC champion.

interesting that you mention ireland, sweden and bulgaria. any names to look out for ?

For the last 5 years, we’ve held more top 10 fighters than all other countries COMBINED! That’s dominating in every sense of the word.

And a fun fact for the Russian hopefuls,
we’ve outscored Russia in the 2016 Olympics and 2017 Worlds. In other words, as of recent we’re literally better than you at your #1 sport.

im not disagreeing that america wont continue to pump out talent its just i do not think america is going to dominate. the threat of russians taking over was largely unfounded in tge past because outside of the emilanenkos or kharitinov the local scene was pretty meagre. now that scene has grown and developed and it will challenge american dominace. now one thing that american and brazilian fighters lack is standup, this is where the russians will take over.

Whatever large country where the most popular MMA organization is in will probably have a good shot at having the most champions in that organization. Much like now.

Maybe not the US since MMA is kind of losing steam. There are people who could beat a lot of UFC fighters right now or with some training, because of superior athleticism and superiority in their discipline, like wrestlers. Not saying all wrestlers succeed or that they would easily beat champions. Just that fighting in the UFC(or even more so Bellator) can be kind of a shitty job unless you are one of the top guys and either big or popular, preferably both. So people who are serious about the sport aspect might not be super attracted to fighting in the UFC. Thus MMA doesn't get the best prospects nearly all of the time.

Great athletes of the type that are calculated about what they train and go for doesn't chose MMA as their goal unless they are mohawk bros or happen to really fall in love with it.

I could see Brazil or Russia having such an organization if MMA in America loses more popularity. On the other hand who knows, maybe the UFC is bigger than soccer shortly right?

Lol threads like these have been popping up for years. Every single time the USA is still dominating, and will continue to do so.
This
The 2 biggest ma orgs are u.s owned and largely recruit from the u.s ..even if american mma scene started to suck theyd still dominate due to sheer numbers getting pro contracts !
If every other fighter hired is a yank then its not gonna be a shocker if they seem to dominate !

Back