Which CITY has the BEST and MOST PLENTIFUL restaurants?

Just going off of places I've been to...

New York
L.A.
London
Paris
Rome

Paris is probably the best, Rome is also very good, the only downside is if you want more variety, as they specialize in their homegrown cuisines, whereas the other cities feature cuisines from around the world.

Gotta go with NYC, Miami a pretty distant 2nd. There are a ton of awesome southern BBQ places in SC and NC, but the best ones are in small towns with almost no other choices.

Agreed. I can't speak for Cities outside the USA but in this country it's New York at #1 with Miami in 2nd place.

Houston is really good for some reason. It’s the only positive thing about that shithole. You can basically throw a dart at a restaurant map there and it will be good.

You name it, we've got in Chicago.... Ethiopian, Bosnian, middle Eastern.. even random bumfuck places you've never heard of. Even really great Puerto Rican diners. With a Hispanic population of nearly 2 million, any type of Hispanic food is covered.

Soul food places are great in the hood, if you don't mind getting mean mugged for being white in those areas.

Everyone saying NY

You guys sure enjoy your rat meat <DisgustingHHH>

<{1-17}>

I would have to say NYC. So many different cultures and a shit ton of restaurants.

Those OP pics are some of the worst examples of great international food I've ever seen.

Come on man!!!! Burgers and some wack ass corned beef sandwich.

NYC is easily one of the best on earth. You can eat some of the best Ethiopia food or go for good hot dogs. The diversity is astronomical and features everything you can think of. Also, some of the worlds greatest chefs have restaurants there.

Hong Kong must be up there

HK has great cuisines. I went there right before the hand over, but not much variety. Its all chinese or American Fast food. Some of the high end hotels will have that haute french style cuisine. May have changed since then though.

Agreed. I can't speak for Cities outside the USA but in this country it's New York at #1 with Miami in 2nd place.
Actually pretty crappy outside the US. When I used to travel, I always looked forward to getting back to my regular diet. A lot of kebab shops and half rotten fruit at markets. GMOs FTW.

Those OP pics are some of the worst examples of great international food I've ever seen.

Come on man!!!! Burgers and some wack ass corned beef sandwich.

NYC is easily one of the best on earth. You can eat some of the best Ethiopia food or go for good hot dogs. The diversity is astronomical and features everything you can think of. Also, some of the worlds greatest chefs have restaurants there.
nope, Tokyo leads the world by a wide margin in Michelin stars. Kyoto is second and Paris is third.
As far as 3-star totals, Japan and France are at the top, with America far behind.
20171123_Michelin_FO.jpg

As far as cities in America- SF now leads the nation in 3 star restaurants with a total of SEVEN. NYC only has five. However, it has more total stars:
However, when it comes to overall Michelin stars, New York reigns. The region has 11 restaurants with two stars (compared to seven for the Bay Area) and 56 restaurants with one star (the Bay Area has 41).
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/...he-culinary-capital-of-the-u-s-michelin-says/

Still a sad showing when you consider NYC's population is larger than SF's by an order of magnitude.

Actually pretty crappy outside the US. When I used to travel, I always looked forward to getting back to my regular diet. A lot of kebab shops and half rotten fruit at markets. GMOs FTW.
whatsamatta? couldnt find McDonald's abroad?

nope, Tokyo leads the world by a wide margin in Michelin stars. Kyoto is second and Paris is third.
As far as 3-star totals, Japan and France are at the top, with America far behind.
20171123_Michelin_FO.jpg

As far as cities in America- SF now leads the nation in 3 star restaurants with a total of SEVEN. NYC only has five. However, it has more total stars:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/...he-culinary-capital-of-the-u-s-michelin-says/

Still a sad showing when you consider NYC's population is larger than SF's by an order of magnitude.

Everyone knows Michelin is biased as fucking shit though. Japan having the most stars is silly.

Back