Which champs would make the UFC instantly sell more PPVs again?

WW

Mike "The Platinum" Perry

Ab44DXX.jpg
<mma3>

It’s actually “Platinum” Mike Perry.

I'd say they lose a solid 100-500k, depending on the fight, on people who just stream the ppv

• 265 - Conor piggybacking on Ngannou
  • 205 - Conor
  • 185 - Conor
  • 170 - Conor
  • 155 - Ferguson
  • 145 - Conor
  • 135 - Conor
  • 125 - Conor
  • W135 - Holly
  • W115 - PVZ
v1.bjsyMTMzNzk7ajsxNzQ2MjsxMjAwOzQ4NDs3MjA

Correcting these numbers for you.
Cormier vs. Jones 2 - 860k
Cormier vs. Johnson 2 - 300k
Cormier vs. Gustafsson - 250k
Not to mention 200 was a superstar laden UFC event....it obviously wasn't the Cormier show when you had 2 other title fights along with cain and brock on the card

For huge PPV numbers?

This (but not realistic):
  • 265 - Lesnar
  • 205 - Shogun
  • 185 - GSP or Vitor
  • 170 - Rory (back to the UFC) / Lima (from Bellator) or Nick
  • 155 - Conor or Nate
  • 145 - Edgar
  • 135 - changing between Cody/TJ/Cruz
  • 125 - any other than MM, so MM can fight him

With USADA around, we will never have the cards that we used to get.

UFC is dying, I think...694900.jpg

HW: Lesnar
LHW: Jones
MW: GSP or Bisping
WW: GSP
LW: Diaz or Conor
FW: Edgar (only real option)
BW: Cody
FLW: MM (only real option)

Womens: Cyborg, Holm and JJ.

How are some people putting other people instead of conor at 155.

He is by far the biggest draw in ufc. You could put Conor v A Random man off the street, and it would still draw more ppv's than any other 2 fighters fighting in the ufc.

Suppose you could magically make anyone champ. Who would you make the champ of each division so that UFC does huge PPV numbers again? (You can only pick from people currently in that division and eligible to compete):
  • 265 - Ngannou
  • 205 - Saki
  • 185 - GSP
  • 170 - Wonderboy
  • 155 - Conor
  • 145 - Edgar
  • 135 - Cody
  • 125 - Cejudo
  • W135 - Holly
  • W115 - PVZ
Honestly I even had trouble picking anyone for 205, 145, and 125.
All time or current? For all Time

Brock
Jon jones
Silva
GSP
Nate Diaz
conor
Cruz / Fabre
MM
Ronda
Page 125
JJ champ

Fans who want them to do well business wise so they can pay the fighters better and stay around for longer.

I disagree with this....This statement has been thrown out there for years. The Ferttitas started doing this so they could cash in right before they sold the company. In recent times more top fighters have left the UFC willingly, than ever before(exlcuding the post McCain era). I think the UFC promoting their "money fights" or "superfights", is and will, hurt in the long run. The fighters never seem to get "paid better" when the company profits. The "hardcore fans" are the ones who are going to contribute more in the long run. They are the ones that are going to get together by the handfuls and buy PPV's, instead of going to sports bars to watch. I think the best way to hold onto longterm, contributing fans, is to legitimize titles, by champs fighting top contenders.

Tony ferguson after beating conor in a fight or in the art of fighting without fighting.

Masvidal talking some Cuban shit would be good for 155 170 where ever he decides to stay

The only right answer about PPV sells would be Conor and GSP... Maybe prime Cain too.

Suppose you could magically make anyone champ. Who would you make the champ of each division so that UFC does huge PPV numbers again? (You can only pick from people currently in that division and eligible to compete):
  • 265 - Ngannou
  • 205 - Saki
  • 185 - GSP
  • 170 - Wonderboy
  • 155 - Conor
  • 145 - Edgar
  • 135 - Cody
  • 125 - Cejudo
  • W135 - Holly
  • W115 - PVZ
Honestly I even had trouble picking anyone for 205, 145, and 125.

from a sales perspective, all that matters is ...

... PVZ W125.

Tell me this doesn't sell 1 million PPVs ...

Waterson at W115 wouldn't hurt either.

Back