Which branch is superior - The Air Force or The Navy?

Oh boy, here goes the U.S. Army educating the U.S. Marines, again... ;)

"While the U.S. Marine Corps is a separate and distinct service branch, it has many close ties to the U.S. Navy, and the Department of the Navy oversees both service branches, each having its own autonomous leadership."

U.S. Army birthday: June 1775
U.S. Marine Corps birthday: November 1775 - beat you by 5 months.

Yeah but that's not really the US Army's birthday is it? That's the Continental Army's birthday. It was then disbanded in 1783. Then it was the Legion of the United States from 1792 to 1796. At that point, its scraps were transformed into the US Army. You guys have to cheat to pretend to be older.

Yeah, I can do without the beret, lousy headgear. But hey, the U.S. Air Force wears berets, the British SAS wears berets, and the French Foreign Legion wears berets. The U.S. Army has always imitated the British.

Yeah the berets are actually pretty popular, although I think they look like a deflated nutsack hanging off your head.

The military as a whole needs to be held responsible for their ridiculous looking uniforms. The Marine Corps is snazzier than most, but we still have some stupid looking shit.

Yeah but that's not really the US Army's birthday is it? That's the Continental Army's birthday. It was then disbanded in 1783. Then it was the Legion of the United States from 1792 to 1796. At that point, its scraps were transformed into the US Army. You guys have to cheat to pretend to be older.

I don't really care about birthdays Mr. Garner, I just love to give 'jarheads' shit. But, hey, on a serious note, always enjoyed the company of Marines alongside the Army when the 'shit' hit the fan. Navy and Air Force boys will never know what that is like.

yep. pretty sure navy has at least one stealth jet now though, I think. Probably some sort of stealth ships/subs now too if I had to guess.

But yeah the F-117, the B-2 and the F-22 are all AF.
I meant the movie. I don’t blame you for not knowing it. It’s terrible.

lol yeah yeah.... the "chair force."

But the AF has really nice chairs :D

detail_f117_05.jpg
Mods:
Pls add poll about chairs. We need to finally settle this.

The winner of the navy vs af football game determines who is superior that year.

Oh boy, here goes the U.S. Army educating the U.S. Marines, again... ;)

"While the U.S. Marine Corps is a separate and distinct service branch, it has many close ties to the U.S. Navy, and the Department of the Navy oversees both service branches, each having its own autonomous leadership."

U.S. Army birthday: June 1775
U.S. Marine Corps birthday: November 1775 - beat you by 5 months.

Yeah, I can do without the beret, lousy headgear. But hey, the U.S. Air Force wears berets, the British SAS wears berets, and the French Foreign Legion wears berets. The U.S. Army has always imitated the British.
we had these Brits w/ us in Kabul, i wanna say some Royal Fusiliers unit or some ish. They had the beret, w/ the white feather w/ the red tip
apparently it symbolized some war w/ the French, where after winning they dipped their white feathers in the blood of the fallen enemy....best part we had like 20 or so French military on our base too that would walk around all butthurt every time they saw it

excellent trolling IMO

My dad was in the airforce so airforce. I wanted to be a fighter pilot when i was a kid. And not those gay F-18s the Navy uses, but an F-22.

Yeah Crimson Tide was alright. Red October > though

Seems to me like there's a lot of Air Force flicks out now. Maybe not solely about the AF, but with strong AF components. Stuff like Transformers, Eagle Eye, Armageddon, the Stargate series...

There are also at least three Marvel Cinematic Universe characters who served with the USAF: War Machine and Captain Marvel were both Pilots, while Falcon is an ex-Pararescue man:cool:

we had these Brits w/ us in Kabul, i wanna say some Royal Fusiliers unit or some ish. They had the beret, w/ the white feather w/ the red tip
apparently it symbolized some war w/ the French, where after winning they dipped their white feathers in the blood of the fallen enemy....best part we had like 20 or so French military on our base too that would walk around all butthurt every time they saw it

excellent trolling IMO

There were some US Army Officers taking part in a NATO exercise in Scotland. Afterwards they were invited to the Officers Mess of the Royal Scots Dragoon Greys at Edinburgh Castle for dinner. The Royal Scots' Officers brought in the Regimental Silver; beautiful pieces of work such as solid silver bowls, candlesticks etc. When one of the US Officers asked how much it all cost, the Scottish Officer replied,

"Nothing; we took it from dead Frenchmen":)

My grandpa served in the air force so its AF for me. I' m not sure what he did
But he had a patch with a picture of a ac-130 gunship. Also I remember in high school, this guy who was considering joining the coast guard said the air force was the branch of the military that offered the highest pay.I have a lot of respect for all the branches though. Both the navy and AF have cool "toys "and jobs. I believe the navy also has a variant of the f-22

Navy is way more versatile in my opinion since they have an air support. But its funny enough that they are the only two branches responsible for securing our nuclear weapons....

The Army use to secure them up until the 80's, but DoD gave that responsibility entirely to the Navy/AF...

Back