Which branch is superior - The Air Force or The Navy?

Just ask a Marine. On second thought, better not. Things might get physical. Marines are sensitive about that topic.

My cousin ___ is a marine. I doubt he would care. He has G man shit to do....

This is for all spec ops talk. All elite but fill different roles that sometimes overlap:
Navy SEALS - Navy
MARSOC - Marines
Special Forces - Army
Pararescuemen - Air force
160th SOAR - Army
CCT - Air force
SOWT - Air force
Delta - Army
DEVGRU - Navy
24th Special Tactics - Air force
75th Ranger Battalion - Army

Ah, you left out the U.S. Salvation Army - that little bell can do wonders...

Last edited:
Dude I was ELEN (E&E) on C-5's I was 60th AMXS (we were better than you 660th Gucci Boys haha (( that's what we called you guys then, don't know if they still call you that, lol )) :D
But right on bro, small world!

Lol yeah that shit stuck

I was a KC-10 McGuire guy in the 605th for five years, taught FTD out of the 373d TRS/Det 1 there for four more and then got orders here out of there in dec ‘16

So a -10 guy for life lol

Crazy how small the world is. I got some friends in the 60th now, but they all just got there over the past few years. There is an e/e guy named howard I went to NCOA with that’s there now, don’t know for how long though

Oh boy, you just insulted every Marine in the Corps. The U.S. Marines are a separate branch from the U.S. Navy. They only thing they share in common with the Navy is the budget.

I see you lurking @jgarner. You are a Marine, why don't you answer the question for us. Is the Marine Corps part of the U.S. Navy? ...are you boys sailors? :)

Well, that is the million dollar question. Why do we need the Marines or the Navy SEALS? Nothing the Army or Army Special Forces can't do. Even the diving part I listed above...and yes, the various forces do occupy the same place at the same time.

I think the million dollar question is why do we need the Army when we have the Marines and the Navy?

If you want to be real technical, the Marine Corps is the older branch. November 10, 1775 is the Marine Corps birthday. The United States Army was founded June 3, 1784. And I don't want to hear that Continental Army crap either. You guys lied about your birthday to get in the club.

We were here first and you know who else wears berets?

f7e9762ebc1f6dc02e6a1b18ecbc6425.jpg

Just ask a Marine. On second thought, better not. Things might get physical. Marines are sensitive about that topic.

We aren't sensitive about it. The Marine Corps is a department of the Navy... The men's department.

Don't you love my totally original joke about how the Marine Corps is so tough and awesome?

Last edited:
I'm biased on this, but Air Force for a number of reasons.
1) Quality of life is way better (although Navy does get a lot of the coastal bases which seem to be beautiful)
2) the ladies are way better looking
3) Air Force has gotten all the good kills as of late, let's be honest.
4) The Air Force is ran more like a corporation than a branch of the military, meaning they set their people up for the outside world a little better than most branches.
5) Would you rather be called an "Airman" or a "Seamen?" A "Major General" or a "Rear Admiral?"
6) Also, AF is dominating air, space, and cyberspace...I forgot that part.

Navy??? Well they do have the SEALs, so that's pretty dope.
Air force has PJ's

Lol yeah that shit stuck

I was a KC-10 McGuire guy in the 605th for five years, taught FTD out of the 373d TRS/Det 1 there for four more and then got orders here out of there in dec ‘16

So a -10 guy for life lol

Nice! When I got out somebody talked to me about an FTD teaching job over at Altus and I was like no, lol I'm not going to Oklahoma, but thanks. Seems like a cool gig though, teaching those courses.

I actually got to fly on a 10 once coming back from Moron, Spain. Well, twice actually.....they got diverted mid flight and had to turn around so I got stuck in the Azores for a couple days. But once we finally started heading back to Travis I got some awesome pics of refueling a couple f-15's. They let me sit in that little boom room or whatever you guys call it. I watched the tech do the refuel and I gotta admit that was awesome.

Last edited:
Nice! When I got out somebody talked to me about an FTD teaching job over at Altus and I was like no, lol I'm not going to Oklahoma, but thanks. Seems like a cool gig though, teaching those courses.

I actually got to fly on a 10 once coming back from Moron. Spain. Well, twice actually.....they got diverted mid flight and had to turn around so I got stuck in the Azores for a couple days. But once we finally started heading back to Travis I got some awesome pics of refueling a couple f-15's. They let me sit in that little boom room or whatever you guys call it. I watched the tech do the refuel and I gotta admit that was awesome.

Hell yeah man that’s awesome you got to sit back in the ARO and get those

Hell yeah man that’s awesome you got to sit back in the ARO and get those

Dude it was awesome. One of the F-15 pilots saw me taking pics (I just had a little disposable camera, this was before camera phones) and he or she held an american flag up in the canopy for me to get a pic of. I have that one (not sure if it's in the one's I posted or not) but it's kinda hard to tell what it is. But actually being in that little room I was surprised how fucking close you are to the planes you're refueling. It's hard to tell from the pics but in reality those things were really close to us.

I think the million dollar question is why do we need the Army when we have the Marines and the Navy?

If you want to be real technical, the Marine Corps is the older branch. November 10, 1775 is the Marine Corps birthday. The United States Army was founded June 3, 1784. And I don't want to hear that Continental Army crap either. You guys lied about your birthday to get in the club.

We were here first and you who else wears berets?

We aren't sensitive about it. The Marine Corps is a department of the Navy... The men's department.

Oh boy, here goes the U.S. Army educating the U.S. Marines, again... ;)

"While the U.S. Marine Corps is a separate and distinct service branch, it has many close ties to the U.S. Navy, and the Department of the Navy oversees both service branches, each having its own autonomous leadership."

U.S. Army birthday: June 1775
U.S. Marine Corps birthday: November 1775 - beat you by 5 months.

Yeah, I can do without the beret, lousy headgear. But hey, the U.S. Air Force wears berets, the British SAS wears berets, and the French Foreign Legion wears berets. The U.S. Army has always imitated the British.

Oh boy, here goes the U.S. Army educating the U.S. Marines, again... ;)

"While the U.S. Marine Corps is a separate and distinct service branch, it has many close ties to the U.S. Navy, and the Department of the Navy oversees both service branches, each having its own autonomous leadership."

U.S. Army birthday: June 1775
U.S. Marine Corps birthday: November 1775 - beat you by 5 months.

Yeah, I can do without the beret, lousy headgear. But hey, the U.S. Air Force wears berets, the British SAS wears berets, and the French Foreign Legion wears berets. The U.S. Army has always imitated the British.

I hated the cunt caps. You guys had those too, right?

Which one impresses you more?

I was just watching The Hunt For Red October, a pretty awesome movie. And it got me thinking how impressive some of the Navy's tech is. But of course the Air Force is flat out awesome as well.

These 2 branches are definitely the "smart" armed forces. But which one is superior, in your opinion?

The Air Force can be picky and takes the highest IQ applicants of any of he military branches. The other branches probably have more grit though.

I remember watching this as a boy on T.V. If it came on in the daytime, I'd go out and cloud-gaze. I always thought to myself... "Some day, I'm gonna be up there in the clouds..."

I joined the AF, let go, and let God.

Each branch can shit on each branch for something

Navy is homoerotic
Air Force are pussies
Army soldiers are stupid
Marines are fake tough guys

I don’t think anyone likes the coast guard.

Back