Which branch is superior - The Air Force or The Navy?

This is for all spec ops talk.
SOCOM
Navy SEALS - Navy
MARSOC - Marines
Special Forces - Army
Pararescuemen - Air force
160th SOAR - Army
CCT - Air force
SOWT - Air force
JSOC
Delta - Army
DEVGRU - Navy
24th Special Tactics - Air force
75th Ranger Battalion - Army

All elite But fill different roles that sometimes overlap.

I got a SOAR recruiting email recently haha...

Uh im even done with IRR time thank you

The one with the bigger budget.

I used to date an army girl

she was bisexual

lol not kidding. she was pretty attractive though.
I had a female marine 1LT tryna to holla recently, but im a Transition Advisor (TRS/taps and seps/ACAP whatever) here on base. Not sure if fraternization rules apply, i should find out haha

Hills Have Eyes townies r pretty suspect as an alternative, good times

I can’t really say to be honest. I have a lot of respect for those who serve. But I think in terms of song, Air Force takes it hands down...

I’m a KC-10 Guy. Comm/Nav by trade, now a Section Chief for mids. Don’t let the job fool you though, lol. I’m not the normal avionics guy.

Thanks homie!

Dude I was ELEN (E&E) on C-5's I was 60th AMXS (we were better than you 660th Gucci Boys haha (( that's what we called you guys then, don't know if they still call you that, lol )) :D
But right on bro, small world!

Last edited:
Navy has the Seals and the Marines.

Oh boy, you just insulted every Marine in the Corps. The U.S. Marines are a separate branch from the U.S. Navy. They only thing they share in common with the Navy is the budget.

Five branches of the U.S. Military. Five different flags:
. U.S. Army
. U.S. Navy
. U.S. Air Force
. U.S. Marines
. U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. Navy SEALs are basically soldiers in the Navy. Most of their operations these days is done on land, like the U.S. Army Special Forces. The Army diver school is much harder than the Navy diver school. Just ask any SEAL.

Special Operations Diver Badge - U.S. Army

Oh boy, you just insulted every Marine in the Corps. The U.S. Marines are a separate branch from the U.S. Navy. They only thing they share in common with the Navy is the budget.

Five branches of the U.S. Military. Five different flags:
. U.S. Army
. U.S. Navy
. U.S. Air Force
. U.S. Marines
. U.S. Coast Guard

U.S. Navy SEALs are basically soldiers in the Navy. Most of their operations these days is done on land, like the U.S. Army Special Forces. The Army diver school is much harder than the Navy diver school. Just ask any SEAL.

Special Operations Diver Badge - U.S. Army

Says it's a component of the navy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Marine_Corps

I'm biased on this, but Air Force for a number of reasons.
1) Quality of life is way better (although Navy does get a lot of the coastal bases which seem to be beautiful)
2) the ladies are way better looking
3) Air Force has gotten all the good kills as of late, let's be honest.
4) The Air Force is ran more like a corporation than a branch of the military, meaning they set their people up for the outside world a little better than most branches.
5) Would you rather be called an "Airman" or a "Seamen?" A "Major General" or a "Rear Admiral?"
6) Also, AF is dominating air, space, and cyberspace...I forgot that part.

Navy??? Well they do have the SEALs, so that's pretty dope.
Navy gets credit for killing Bin Laden. And has the last air to air kill of a Chinese jet since the Korean War.

I have a lot of respect for all branches, but generally the Marines and Army are viewed as grunts and not rocket scientists, ya know what I mean? Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, there certainly are. But I'm speaking in general terms of how everybody views each branch.

Yeah, I know what you mean. No offense taken.
Real men join the U.S. Army or the U.S. Marines, no offense meant. :)

The Airforce they have long range bombers

Yeah I'd forgot and added Armageddon to my list, lol. Good call in Iron Man, I forgot about that.

AF does need a good solid flick that is solely about AF life though. Probably Broken Arrow was the last one. And I liked Broken Arrow and Hard Target too, lol. Used to watch those Woo films all the time back then. Face Off was good too....seems like Woo did that one but I can't remember.
Stealth is AF right? Not sure if that helps your case or not.

I wonder where this rivalry comes from. In peace and wartime, do the various forces ever really occupy the same place at the same time?

Well, that is the million dollar question. Why do we need the Marines or the Navy SEALS? Nothing the Army or Army Special Forces can't do. Even the diving part I listed above...and yes, the various forces do occupy the same place at the same time.

Back