Which branch is superior - The Air Force or The Navy?

Not that it matters, but you have to score a little higher on your ASVABs to join the AF.

I do not know about one being superior than the other. It could be argued that the navy possesses more versatility in various scenarios than the air force, on account of advanced doctrine and technology such as CV and submarine capabilities.

The navy has aircraft carriers but does the air force have submarine planes? Something to think about.

Which romos wear bell bottoms and snuggle in bunks?

Which gladiators do battle in the wind like the gods?

The British Army's sarcastic nickname for RAF Pilots is the, "Sons of Valhalla" aka the "Two-Winged Master Race":D

Neither is superior, but the Air Force has the majority of the nuclear arsenal. "The 'smart' armed forces"? Army and Marines are dumbasses? Just remember that nobody goes to war over airspace or water. Yeah, we (Army and Marines) do the fighting and dying while the Air Force gets 3 hot meals and a cot. Showers and flushing toilets too.

I have a lot of respect for all branches, but generally the marines and army are viewed as grunts and not rocket scientists, ya know what I mean? Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, there certainly are. But I'm speaking in general terms of how everybody views each branch. And hey, I was AF and I spent many months in tents in the freakin desert with little to no amenities. AF doesn't always get the nice comfy life like people think. But yeah a lot of times we did, I admit :D

Navy has the Seals and the Marines.

End of discussion.

True, but AF has pararescuemen, combat controllers, TACP's, Ravens and bunch of other special teams that are actually secret....not many people even know about them or what they do. But they're pretty badass. And I dig the fact that those teams are still kind of secret...like they're supposed to be. Ya know?

Which one impresses you more?

I was just watching The Hunt For Red October, a pretty awesome movie. And it got me thinking how impressive some of the Navy's tech is. But of course the Air Force is flat out awesome as well.

These 2 branches are definitely the "smart" armed forces. But which one is superior, in your opinion?

isnt 2nd strongest air force on earth the US navy air force division?

air power is much more needed to win any war but what US has is insane they have giant carriers hundreds of submarines and destroyers and cruisers they can bring the fight to any non land lock country and park there boats off the coast and aerial and missile destroy a country and destroy there air force from the sea.

but the scariest thing i think Russian or US navy has is the ballistic missile submarines. In theory the ground based silos could be taken out and there missiles intercepted but it much harder or currently impossible to stop nukes fired from the submarines and those subrmarines can also eject high speed cruise missiles. US could have subs parked off coast of saint petersburg and beijing and there be no time to detect incoming missile.

Top Gun is much better than Iron Eagle, about the only metric the Navy beats the AF on tbh

I

True, but AF has pararescuemen, combat controllers, TACP's, Ravens and bunch of other special teams that are actually secret....not many people even know about them or what they do. But they're pretty badass. And I dig the fact that those teams are still kind of secret...like they're supposed to be. Ya know?

Yep, only known by a few Sherdoggers

True.

Battleship was pretty badass too, imo. I watch that every time I see it on.
Let's just stick w/ Crimson Tide and call it a wrap

I literally can't even think of another AF based movie off the top of my head besides the illustrious Broken Arrow

Let's just stick w/ Crimson Tide and call it a wrap

I literally can't even think of another AF based movie off the top of my head besides the illustrious Broken Arrow

Yeah Crimson Tide was alright. Red October > though

Seems to me like there's a lot of Air Force flicks out now. Maybe not solely about the AF, but with strong AF components. Stuff like Transformers, Eagle Eye, Armageddon, the Stargate series...

Yeah Crimson Tide was alright. Red October > though

Seems to me like there's a lot of Air Force flicks out now. Maybe not solely about the AF, but with strong AF components. Stuff like Transformers, Eagle Eye, the Stargate series...
I think Fichtner or whatever's pilot in Armageddon was AF too (so is Rhodes in Iron Man), so good call

Broken Arrow is like full on AF tho haha. I don't even care, I like that and Hard Target for early Woo US movies

I think Fichtner or whatever's pilot in Armageddon was AF too (so is Rhodes in Iron Man), so good call

Broken Arrow is like full on AF tho haha. I don't even care, I like that and Hard Target for early Woo US movies

Yeah I'd forgot and added Armageddon to my list, lol. Good call in Iron Man, I forgot about that.

AF does need a good solid flick that is solely about AF life though. Probably Broken Arrow was the last one. And I liked Broken Arrow and Hard Target too, lol. Used to watch those Woo films all the time back then. Face Off was good too....seems like Woo did that one but I can't remember.

yes, Woo did Face Off

many people think it's good, I used too, so did comedian Patrice O'Neil until he went on Opie and Anthony and Jim Norton explained just how horrible that movie actually is

I can't unhear that bit now, and I think of it every time that movie comes up. I'd link it, but YT is banned from govy computers

In England I would say most likely the Royal Air Force is superior both in technology and intelligence.

But for the US their Navy is a staple point so I think they have the edge, they also have SEALs which is huge as they are the dominant unit in all the military.

That being said the Air Force will always have the gadgets and brains because that's what they do.

I have a lot of respect for all branches, but generally the marines and army are viewed as grunts and not rocket scientists, ya know what I mean? Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions, there certainly are. But I'm speaking in general terms of how everybody views each branch. And hey, I was AF and I spent many months in tents in the freakin desert with little to no amenities. AF doesn't always get the nice comfy life like people think. But yeah a lot of times we did, I admit :D

<mma4><5><mma4>

Which one impresses you more?

I was just watching The Hunt For Red October, a pretty awesome movie. And it got me thinking how impressive some of the Navy's tech is. But of course the Air Force is flat out awesome as well.

These 2 branches are definitely the "smart" armed forces. But which one is superior, in your opinion?

Trust me Working with Navy and having to instruct a lot of them a Good number of them make me question what the fuck their recruiters were thinking. In Afghanistan I was very impressed with organized the USAF although it takes them a long time to make a godamn decision.

The Marine are a department of the Navy but don't tell a Marine that.

I'm in a Joint Navy Marine Command , the Navy likes to remind us that when we don't agree with them. I hate the Navy's leadership structure. They don't teach their junior enlisted how to be leaders. In the Navy only E-7s and above are considered leaders anyone below that is looked down upon. In the Marine Corps PFCs and LCPLs are thought to always look for leadership roles , be prepared for next man up, it's not perfect but they are exposed to billets at every level so that when the get promoted leadership roles aren't daunting.

I wonder where this rivalry comes from. In peace and wartime, do the various forces ever really occupy the same place at the same time? Do they have mixers and sadie hawkins dances?

Side note: I'm in southern california and my exposure to marines is 100% mexican/hispanic. One guy had three fingers cause a 50 cal jambed and blew out the side of the gun. Why are the marines so hispanic? Do they have ricas paletas at recruiting stations?

Back