Which boxers you would favor over peak Mike Tyson in HW more often than not?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
In series of 10 fights, who do you favor over peak Mike with coach Cas more than in 5 fights of 10?
Peak Ali? Lewis? Louis? Foreman? Maybe peak Liston,Holmes, Evander, Bowe, Klitchko, Fury? Others?

Lennox Lewis

Lennox, Ali, real deal, vitali for definite, probably quite a few others, I don't see anyone considered top ten racking up the losses he did.

Why do people who don't follow boxing give such a shit about tyson? Go watch morales vs Barrera 1-3 or limon vs chacon or hearns hagler or rocky vs jersey joe or any fight where there was drama. Sexy vs pwill. Anything but asking about Tyson again, he's like the Terrell Davis of boxing.

People tend to dismiss Tyson a lot these days. Yes he had some ugly losses, and should never have lost to Buster, undertrained or not. Still, none of his losses are "peak" Tyson. If all are at their best, I'd only favor Lennox Lewis over Tyson in a series of 10 fights, something like 7/10. I think Ali would be 50/50 and his odds definitely go up if it's 15 rounds over 12. Tyson was nowhere near his best when he fought Holyfield or Lewis, that is like holding Tarver/Johnson over Roy Jones Jr. or Norris/Camacho over Ray Leonard. Tyson had a short peak, but at his peak he was one of the best HW's ever.

And yet dannny Williams stopped him. He is not the wrecking machine atg omg he is 1337 guy that people think he is. He was great at his best and fucked up. You can't count that out of his legacy.

I would put money on the not too over the hill version of Toney at Hw. Im serious and love
that young ko kid.

*Lennox was a great fighter but it seems like his losses are easily forgiven. Tyson would have a good chance at starching Lennox. They were all bad losses as well

Danny Williams stopped a WAY over the hill Tyson. No different than Enzo Mac KO'ing Roy Jones Jr. stiff, William Joppy TKOing Duran or Willie Wise beating Chavez Sr. The question is at thier "peak" which means Mike Tyson from 1986-88.

Last edited:
I'm sure people will jump in and say he lost to Holyfield, again... he was not at his peak form. Ali backers could make the same case... Ali was not at his peak form when he lost to Joe Frazier. I'd pick the Ali that beat Cleveland Williams over Frazier every time.

See my Terrell Davis comment, you can pick any elite boxer and say who beats them when they are at their best. It's a weird question.

Lennox, Ali, real deal, vitali for definite, probably quite a few others, I don't see anyone considered top ten racking up the losses he did.

Why do people who don't follow boxing give such a shit about tyson? Go watch morales vs Barrera 1-3 or limon vs chacon or hearns hagler or rocky vs jersey joe or any fight where there was drama. Sexy vs pwill. Anything but asking about Tyson again, he's like the Terrell Davis of boxing.
Because he is/was the most polarizing figure in boxing at his best. The way he won fights was unheard of at the highest level. And his history is a pretty intriguing story. Why dont you go watch some of his old fights. He only lost 6 fights btw 3 in the twilight of his career.
What are you on about? Saw you in the other thread, must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed today all pissy an shit.:p

Because he is/was the most polarizing figure in boxing at his best. The way he won fights was unheard of at the highest level. And his history is a pretty intriguing story. Why dont you go watch some of his old fights. He only lost 6 fights btw 3 in the twilight of his career.
What are you on about? Saw you in the other thread, must've woke up on the wrong side of the bed today all pissy an shit.:p

He gets that way when the topic is on Tyson. One of Tyson's most dedicated fans ;)

More polarising than jack Johnson? <TrumpWrong1>

Ali and Holmes were special and I'd give them a decent shot but Lewis getting slugged out by Rahman and Mccall shows me that 80s Mike would have most likely murdered him more often than not.

Ali and Holmes were special and I'd give them a decent shot but Lewis getting slugged out by Rahman and Mccall shows me that 80s Mike would have most likely murdered him more often than not.
Yeah thats the main reason I couldnt put Lewis in there

So you're taking hypothetical focussed tyson against hypothetical out of shape lewis? Great comparison.

So you're taking hypothetical focussed tyson against hypothetical out of shape lewis? Great comparison.

He wasn't out of shape when Mccall knocked him silly.
Watch Shavers/Holmes for an example of recuperation, Lewis would have been out for a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back