Which boxers you would favor over BOTH Klitschko at their peaks more often than not?

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
In series of 10 fights, who do you favor over BOTH peak Klitschko more than in 5 fights of 10?
Peak Ali, Tyson, Louis, Bowe, Liston, Lewis? Maybe peak Holmes, Norton, Fury, Evander, Golota, Foreman, Frazier ? Others?

Fuck no to Golota.
Prime Klitschkos both beat Fury.
All the other ones I would favor over the Klitschkos except for maybe Frazier and Evander, just due to length.

I actually think Foreman would get outboxed by Wlad. He's going up against someone as big as him with fast feet and a good jab. I think he'd be made to look bad honestly. That said, Wlad is chinny and if Foreman lands... lights out.

I actually think Foreman would get outboxed by Wlad. He's going up against someone as big as him with fast feet and a good jab. I think he'd be made to look bad honestly. That said, Wlad is chinny and if Foreman lands... lights out.

I think Wlad's only chance in that fight is to hurt Foreman early and likely stop him. Foreman was one of the best HWs ever cutting off the ring and he'd find Wlad easily. Foreman had a very good jab himself and Wlad has never shown to durability to handle a puncher like Foreman once he started getting to him. Not a fight where I like Wlad's chances.

Lennox, George, joe real real, Tyson etc etc

I'd favor quite a few guys over both Klitschkos actually. Lennox, Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Liston, Holyfield. I'd take quite a few guys at their peak to outpoint Vitali, but not peak Wlad. The Tokyo Buster Douglas would beat Vitali too, 50/50 with Wlad.

I think Wlad's only chance in that fight is to hurt Foreman early and likely stop him. Foreman was one of the best HWs ever cutting off the ring and he'd find Wlad easily. Foreman had a very good jab himself and Wlad has never shown to durability to handle a puncher like Foreman once he started getting to him. Not a fight where I like Wlad's chances.
I actually think that's his worst chance, a shootout with big george is not going to be fun for somebody as chinny as Wlad.

I think Foreman's ring cutting is a bit overrated, and Wlad is a rangier, bigger guy. I think Wlad, on his best night, could keep it on the outside and get just out or range or clinch/hold everytime it gets hot (and I think Wlad is going to be strong enough to shut down a lot of Foreman's inside work). It'd be dull, but I could see Wlad hitting, running, and stalling his way through this one and it's not like Wlad's a light puncher himself.

Guarantees for me are Ali, Tyson, Lewis, Louis, Frazier, Norton.

Toss-ups are Foreman, Holyfield, Holmes, Bowe.

Have to see more of Liston.

Ali, Frazier, foreman, Lewis and possibly Liston . A prime tip top shape Tyson

I actually think that's his worst chance, a shootout with big george is not going to be fun for somebody as chinny as Wlad.

I think Foreman's ring cutting is a bit overrated, and Wlad is a rangier, bigger guy. I think Wlad, on his best night, could keep it on the outside and get just out or range or clinch/hold everytime it gets hot (and I think Wlad is going to be strong enough to shut down a lot of Foreman's inside work). It'd be dull, but I could see Wlad hitting, running, and stalling his way through this one and it's not like Wlad's a light puncher himself.

I really don't think Wlad would have success moving and outboxing Foreman for 12 rounds. What Wlad has always been is a very good puncher, though. In my mind, the way he wins this fight is hurting Foreman early and often en route to a stoppage or a decision aided by several KDs. I don't think anyone in HW history stays away and simply outboxes a prime Foreman. They'd have to deal out a lot of damage and have the durability to take a lot, as well, and Wlad doesn't have that kind of durability or composure in my mind.

I really don't think Wlad would have success moving and outboxing Foreman for 12 rounds. What Wlad has always been is a very good puncher, though. In my mind, the way he wins this fight is hurting Foreman early and often en route to a stoppage or a decision aided by several KDs. I don't think anyone in HW history stays away and simply outboxes a prime Foreman. They'd have to deal out a lot of damage and have the durability to take a lot, as well, and Wlad doesn't have that kind of durability or composure in my mind.
You don't think Lennox could win?

Golota would get fucking murdered 10 out of 10 times against both of them IMO.

Guys I would put up there for sure are prime Lewis (not the bloated one who fought Vitali), prime Bowe, and Larry Holmes.

I think Ken Norton would have gave them fits too because he was so good at taking away the jab and hitting with a great jab of his own.

Lewis and Peak Holmes, I'm really confident when it comes to picking both of them.
It's hard to pick someone who beats both of them, Holyfield would be close (Holyfield vs. Vitali would always be a war). Liston maybe, but he has become an almost mythological creature that beats almost everyone in a h2h fight, but what do we know, how'd he do against such tall, athletic fighters. I'd pick prime Tyson over Wlad, but he hasn't beaten enough great big guys that I'd be confident to pick him against a big, mean, skilled guy like Vitali with great cardio and an iron chin.
Ali would probably outbox Vitali more often than not, but we're talking about a guy who was a giant in his era and never a huge puncher that would really scare Wladimir. Prime Wlad was really fast, had power and was big, Ali would actually have to clinch with a much bigger guy who's willing to do that and use it to his own advantage. Wlad's left hook would actually be a good punch against Ali.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back