Which boxer is Steve Fox based on?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I am a big fan of tekken and boxing. I am also a big fan of Steve Foxes character as well as his boxing style and lately I have been wondering about his style of boxing.

I am curious to know, which boxer does Steve Fox emulate?

Here is a video of his move sets, the quality of the video is crap but it the content is great:

I am a big fan of tekken and boxing. I am also a big fan of Steve Foxes character as well as his boxing style and lately I have been wondering about his style of boxing.

I am curious to know, which boxer does Steve Fox emulate?

Here is a video of his move sets, the quality of the video is crap but it the content is great:

Sweet pea.

The part where he fights the demon is a metaphor for Pernells struggles with crack. Also the part where's his hands catch on fire, that's classic Sweet Pea.

Sweet pea.

The part where he fights the demon is a metaphor for Pernells struggles with crack. Also the part where's his hands catch on fire, that's classic Sweet Pea.

I have never thought about that! It does make sense the way they both dodge punches.

For sometime I thought Steve was based on Naseem/ingle boxers due to the fact that in his intro, he switched his stance few times while dodging his opponent skillfully before finishing him with a combo.

But then in the gameplay, Steve throws proper boxing punches and has a proper guard and stance that is the opposite of Naseem Hamed.

He is just a boxer no one in particular he has a couple moves that maybe some boxers did but nothing from one single boxer in particular also optically he doesn't resemble any well known boxers.
They just wanted to make the stereotype of the American White Hope in boxing and gave him some cool moves a lot of different boxers used.

Amalgamation of RJJ and Dempsey with a bit of imagination thrown in.

The variation of the Dempsey Roll featured in Tekken first appeared in the manga Hajime No Ippo. Might have been "borrowed" from that anime.

But apart from that he's got a bit of a lot of popular boxers. Naseem came to my mind as well based on the switching stance intro...

He is just a boxer no one in particular he has a couple moves that maybe some boxers did but nothing from one single boxer in particular also optically he doesn't resemble any well known boxers.
They just wanted to make the stereotype of the American White Hope in boxing and gave him some cool moves a lot of different boxers used.

Hes british.

Back