Which boxer from the Past or Present would transition into MMA the best?

Rocky Marciano.

BGB%2BMarciano%2BCharles%2BButt.gif

Mean, brawler, extreme power, endless cardio.

imagine a prime Tyson cutting to 185, with a great sprawl and clinch game.

good fucking luck dealing with that.

Let's not forget the 4oz gloves.

But I think he'd be best suited to to 205lbs. Under D'Amato/Rooney he was really effective with the peek-a-boo style keeping his chin guarded, and his hands were fast.

It is unrealistic, but at 205 he would have to face Jones...I don't like where that would go.

It would eventually lead to Jones poking Tyson, and Tyson becoming homicidal and biting Jones' fingers off in a rage.

Tyson ripping body shots would take it's toll quick enough and get Jones to drop his guard, but Tyson would need a stepladder if he wanted to head hunt.

I'm not saying Tyson would win, but he would definitely have the power to let Jones know he's in a fight.

Lomachenko could have been a phenomenal MMA fighter. That movement and footwork would easily translate to other sports. Also has wrestling experience. Hypothetically speaking... I honestly think he could successfully transition right now.

What’s with the obsession of boxer in mma. It’s completely different sports and unrealistic to think you could predict how they would have done.

Because MMA fans know deep down (even though they try to shit on boxing constantly to validate themselves) that all the great aggressive boxers in history would have wiped out all these MMA chumps with ease.

Talent pool is much larger and has been around for decades. Tyson would have knocked out Stipe in 5 seconds. We all know it.

Lomachenko could have been a phenomenal MMA fighter. That movement and footwork would easily translate to other sports. Also has wrestling experience. Hypothetically speaking... I honestly think he could successfully transition right now.

Dunno why lots keep saying Lomachenko. The best style of boxers to transition to MMA would be explosive, aggressive hard hitters. Tyson is an obvious shout. David Tua, Joe Frazier are a couple of others. Lennox Lewis I could see as he was a bear.

Because MMA fans know deep down (even though they try to shit on boxing constantly to validate themselves) that all the great aggressive boxers in history would have wiped out all these MMA chumps with ease.

Talent pool is much larger and has been around for decades. Tyson would have knocked out Stipe in 5 seconds. We all know it.
Never saw street fight that didn’t go the ground. Mike Tyson ... name his 5 best wins without google. He couldn’t even one punch Robin Givens bro.

Dunno why lots keep saying Lomachenko. The best style of boxers to transition to MMA would be explosive, aggressive hard hitters. Tyson is an obvious shout. David Tua, Joe Frazier are a couple of others. Lennox Lewis I could see as he was a bear.

If you are truly confused as to why his name comes up and "dunno" then you know nothing about Lomachenko's skills. It's fine to disagree but to act like he has nothing that would translate is ignorant. Loma is in fact aggressive and explosive so he fits your criteria. He isn't exactly pillow fisted either, especially relative to mma strikers lol. If your suggesting only the elite power punches (tyson, tua, etc) could hang in mma you are insane. Or maybe you just don't watch boxing...or mma for that matter.

Lomachenko's footwork and hand-eye coordination is at an unprecedented level, not to mention he has grappling experience. You dont think he could learn to be effective with kicks also? Come on bro, go actually watch the man fight before you fart out your opinion.

Never saw street fight that didn’t go the ground. Mike Tyson ... name his 5 best wins without google. He couldn’t even one punch Robin Givens bro.

"Name his best 5 wins without google"

Lol, I forgot more about boxing doing my morning dump than you will ever know. Of course Tyson doesn't have the best resume, he had a short window. However, I'm pretty confident talented guys like Tony Tucker would have had much better recognition if Mike wasn't around at that time to clear up. Some solid B level wins. As I said, not the greatest resume but he showed his brilliance and it's clear as day he would have transitioned excellently to MMA.

If you are truly confused as to why his name comes up and "dunno" then you know nothing about Lomachenko's skills. It's fine to disagree but to act like he has nothing that would translate is ignorant. Loma is in fact aggressive and explosive so he fits your criteria. He isn't exactly pillow fisted either, especially relative to mma strikers lol. If your suggesting only the elite power punches (tyson, tua, etc) could hang in mma you are insane. Or maybe you just don't watch boxing...or mma for that matter.

Lomachenko's footwork and hand-eye coordination is at an unprecedented level, not to mention he has grappling experience. You dont think he could learn to be effective with kicks also? Come on bro, go actually watch the man fight before you fart out your opinion.

Lomachenko is far from being in the high tier of explosive boxers throughout the years. He is a weak puncher by boxing standards too. So many better boxers to choose from that would excel in the octagon.

btw, Loma probably still beats these MMA guys anyway. Different levels.

"Name his best 5 wins without google"

Lol, I forgot more about boxing doing my morning dump than you will ever know. Of course Tyson doesn't have the best resume, he had a short window. However, I'm pretty confident talented guys like Tony Tucker would have had much better recognition if Mike wasn't around at that time to clear up. Some solid B level wins. As I said, not the greatest resume but he showed his brilliance and it's clear as day he would have transitioned excellently to MMA.
So you basically admitted he was a can crusher....

Back