Which area of boxing is a kickboxer most vulnerable in?

I come from a Boxing/Muay Thai gym. if it was straight boxing you'd dismantle him easily, with kicks its not that much harder but I hope you're legs are ready for what they're about to have done to them.

Hey fellow boxers and boxing fans. I am gonna spar a kickboxer tommorow, using only my boxing.
Which tactics would you employ that he will for sure be less familiar with?

I am already planning combos like jab followed by overhand right. Just pump in punching combos, which kickboxers generally don't do.

Is there anything else you can suggest?

No low kicks or clinch allowed.

Thanks in advance
Tayson style pica boo or something like that

I'm gonna beat the shit out of him. Decided to go with his 8 oz gloves. Good luck parrying my shots.

Here's how much power I can generate by just flicking my wrist.

That limp-wristed shit is weak. You clearly don't have the pandemic force in your punch that Charlie has. He can kill a Great White shark through the water you weeb.

[Timestamped]

I come from a Boxing/Muay Thai gym. if it was straight boxing you'd dismantle him easily, with kicks its not that much harder but I hope you're legs are ready for what they're about to have done to them.

Id expect any boxer in a fight with a kick boxer to learn to defend/check kicks and get some conditioning in for the legs. Without that it will be a very painfull experience unless they can get them out of their quickly.

Id expect any boxer in a fight with a kick boxer to learn to defend/check kicks and get some conditioning in for the legs. Without that it will be a very painfull experience unless they can get them out of their quickly.

LOW Kicks are prohibited. How many times do I need to point that out?

LOW Kicks are prohibited. How many times do I need to point that out?

I’m well aware of that! I’m not responding to your post am I. If low kicks were permitted it would be a very short sparring session

I’m well aware of that! I’m not responding to your post am I. If low kicks were permitted it would be a very short sparring session

For both of us you mean? He doesnt have low kicks in his Kickboxing style

For both of us you mean? He doesnt have low kicks in his Kickboxing style

It’s a general response and not aimed at your sparring. Low kicks are very prominent in MT and K1 style kickboxing, he obviousky trains above waist only. IF they were permitted then your legs would be your downfall. It is the biggest weapon that a kickboxer has against a boxer, as you will only be able to take a few hard leg kicks at most if they are not conditioned

It’s a general response and not aimed at your sparring. Low kicks are very prominent in MT and K1 style kickboxing, he obviousky trains above waist only. IF they were permitted then your legs would be your downfall. It is the biggest weapon that a kickboxer has against a boxer, as you will only be able to take a few hard leg kicks at most if they are not conditioned

How come Ray Mercer could go the distance against Musashi then?

How come Ray Mercer could go the distance against Musashi then?

You’re not ray mercer are you! I’m sure he can take far more punishment than you can
And do you know that mercer didn’t condition his legs to some extent before the fight? He’s bound to have used kickboxers for sparring!

In a one off fight a boxer would be foolish to try to learn and use kickboxing, because he’ll be completely outclassed and it won’t last long. A boxer needs to be able to defend kicks, and have some conditioning to the legs so he can get inside and use his hands

You’re not ray mercer are you! I’m sure he can take far more punishment than you can
And do you know that mercer didn’t condition his legs to some extent before the fight? He’s bound to have used kickboxers for sparring!

In a one off fight a boxer would be foolish to try to learn and use kickboxing, because he’ll be completely outclassed and it won’t last long. A boxer needs to be able to defend kicks, and have some conditioning to the legs so he can get inside and use his hands

What the fuck does him being Ray Mercer have to do with it. Either you can take it or you can't. I have kickboxed 3 and half years in my TKD club. Yes Kick Boxed.

Anyway, I tagged him straight in the face bare knuckled (open palms) in the session under our trainer in traditional TKD. In our actual sparring sessions he threw everything but the kitchen sink, slipped on his ass half a dozen times, then called it quits. Neither one could get in range. I could not use my boxing and he could not touch me with his kicks.

I did get some bruising on my arms and swelling from blocking full contact kicks. But I like that.

What the fuck does him being Ray Mercer have to do with it. Either you can take it or you can't. I have kickboxed 3 and half years in my TKD club. Yes Kick Boxed.

Your a fckin mug pal. I ain’t going to waste anymore of my time

OP you're living in a fantasy land where "jab + overhand right" = a plan and people can make suggestions for you based on nothing except you=box and him=kickbox, it shows you have absolutely no depth of understanding of fighting. That wrist video is unintentionally hilarious.

Why is that? He has the benefit of being able to use his legs which generate more power. He should have 16Oz gloves on, too. 10oz is on the more brutal territory. It seems like he needed a lot of concessions to get in the ring with you.
it's actually a bit of myth, that kick are harder than punches. it depends on the fighter, but i think you will find some of the hardest blows ever recorded are punches. you punch with your whole body not your upper body. with kicks the force is generated by the leg and the fulcrum action of the hip. (that is why hard kickers tend to lean back a bit.)

Back