Social Which accused celebrities survived the #meetoo purge?

Asleaze Ansari is attempting a comeback by abandoning all the ideals he purported to believe in and is doing a 'you might be a redneck' style bit where he complains that people in 'the middle of the road like him'(yeah fucking right) are getting railroaded by hyperwoke people while ignoring the fact he built his career on being the wokest guy in the room.

David Geffen was never going to get caught up in metoo, he has too much dirt on too many important and powerful people. A list of powerful people that stretches from the Hollywood to the WhiteHouse, to Wall Street to Moscow, Mecca, Beijing and everywhere in between. Comparing David Geffen to Harvey Weinstein is like comparing a blue whale to a guppy.

They tried to metoo arnold, but his extensive use of baby oil meant nothing was able to stick.

arnold.jpg

I remember when that happened. It was all over the news for months. Probably one of the few times where people on both the right and the left considered him to be most likely guilty up until the girl refused to testify in court. After that, it just kinda fizzled out.

Kobe definitely did it. He even said something like "I can understand how she might not have thought it was consensual". That is literally saying "I get that she didn't want it".

They tried to metoo arnold, but his extensive use of baby oil meant nothing was able to stick.

arnold.jpg
He was accused of sexual harassment a long time before the metoo shit started. IIRC he basically admitted to it and apologized and everyone involved moved on.

I think it all depends on the level of the offense.

Louis CK is making a comeback now and I think he'll be fine, because his crime was relatively minor compared to others caught up in the #metoo thing

Guys like Cosby and Weinstein deserve to be cast out of society for being absolute scum. But guys like Louie I think should be given a second chance, because they were nowhere near that level.

Stan Lee and Morgan Freeman survived, based on a combination of being beloved and being super old and their offenses being relatively minor in nature.

Aziz Ansari barely got any flack, and rightfully so.

Alec Baldwin somehow escaped getting the #MeToo treatment. A prick like that has to have a long list of rapes and sexual assaults. It will catch up with him eventually.

I remember when that happened. It was all over the news for months. Probably one of the few times where people on both the right and the left considered him to be most likely guilty up until the girl refused to testify in court. After that, it just kinda fizzled out.

He was still dropping 50 + too

Trudeo survived an allegation that got buried even though he fucked up the "apology"

George Takei got hit by one and all his fans just sluffed it off as "but THIS one is false" and right back to calling for heads of everyone else accused

Kavanagh did survive his, but looked the loser at the press conference

Cosmos dude is already a non story

Try Googling. It is a story and the narrative is against him. One good thing about MeToo is it got that insufferable douche to shut up. He hasn't been on Twitter in a week.

Here is an article by another phd in Physics who knows Tyson and used to admire him.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...reveal-the-complexity-of-academic-inequality/

But he also said, “A few years later…I learned that she had dropped out of the program” and I saw what I believed to be a lie immediately. When I discussed it with my daily Black scientist chat group, they agreed. Would he really have us believe that in the 1980s, in a field where there are almost no Black people, he hadn’t noticed right away that the only other Black graduate student had dropped out of the program? It wasn’t credible.

I will also feel angry at Neil. It’s true that some details of these allegations have yet to be corroborated, and both Fox News and National Geographic have launched investigations. But in my view, I believe the claims are credible, which means he directly harmed multiple women, most egregiously by allegedly raping a member of his own already marginalized community. Tchiya Amet is a Black woman who will never join me on the list of African-American Women with PhDs in Physics. She deserved better. Our whole community did.

Last edited:
I don't understand why anyone gave Louis CK any trouble. What did he do? He asked some women if he could jerk off. They said no. The end.

I'm glad he's making a comeback and I'm glad he's making light of the situation.

And I mean come on. He has always been upfront about what a perv he is. Cancelling his work was stupid.

If we're not allowed to differentiate between the Harvey Weinsteins and the Louis CK's, if we conflate everything together into a generic understanding under the term "sexual assault", it will cheapen the meaning of the term and nobody will care when the term is used. If you're not precise, not real precise in your language, especially when you're dealing with a subject like this, people will stop paying attention when you speak.

I don't understand why anyone gave Louis CK any trouble. What did he do? He asked some women if he could jerk off. They said no. The end.
They said "yes" and then he jerked off. Nobody claims that they said no and that he kept doing it anyway. Still too creepy and I didn't like his apology.

I hate people like this.

Why? You probably do the same. Believe something is credible or not. Is it really credible he didn't notice the only other black person in the program leave? A woman he was close to.

Why? You probably do the same. Believe something is credible or not. Is it really credible he didn't notice the only other black person in the program leave? A woman he was close to.
Maybe read it again? She said that what follows from her belief that the accusation is credible is that he has harmed women.

I think it all depends on the level of the offense.

Louis CK is making a comeback now and I think he'll be fine, because his crime was relatively minor compared to others caught up in the #metoo thing

Guys like Cosby and Weinstein deserve to be cast out of society for being absolute scum. But guys like Louie I think should be given a second chance, because they were nowhere near that level.

Stan Lee and Morgan Freeman survived, based on a combination of being beloved and being super old and their offenses being relatively minor in nature.

Aziz Ansari barely got any flack, and rightfully so.
stan lee did not survive.

Maybe read it again? She said that what follows from her belief that the accusation is credible is that he has harmed women.

I believe it is credible and he has essentially admitted to the others. He was just misinterpreted. Hugging this girl on his staff. Trying to mind meld with her after hours with wine. She quit she was made to feel so uncomfortable. She said why she quit and the boss said to say you left for family reasons. He is a creep.

Back