Where's the disgust and anger over Myanmar ethnic cleansing of muslims?

slivercord

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Violence/Genocide- Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence

That's some fucked up stuff, they're raping and killing women and children and no one seems to care. How about you white knights who swear are for justice in this world? Muslims are getting killed at genocidal rate.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/asia/rohingya-amnesty-report/index.html

"Security forces surround a village, shoot people fleeing in panic and then torch houses to the ground. In legal terms, these are crimes against humanity, systematic attacks and forcible deportation of civilians."

https://www.amnesty.org/en/get-involved/take-action/help-stop-the-violence-in-myanmar/

" We can now confirm that at least 80 inhabited sites have been set alight by the Myanmar’s security forces and vigilante mobs. Entire villages have been burnt to the ground"

"New satellite imagery shows how Burma’s military is torching villages"

pbox.php

Our country just doled out a fat relief fund to the persecuted Muslims. I don't think anybody here supports this genocide. If they do, they should voice that.

I certainly don't. It's an atrocity.

I saw pictures of what the Buddhists in Myanmar do to Muslim children. Really disturbing stuff. They're monsters.

I just read about this. It's deeply troubling, I would assume the UN has to have some strategy in place going forward?

I just read about this. It's deeply troubling, I would assume the UN has to have some strategy in place going forward?

They do.

I think they had it in discussion today.
I hope that they can get the killing and destruction stopped.

I'm praying for those people.

Nobody is going to lift a finger to help other than verbal condemnation. This is going to be another Rwanda, except even fewer people care because it's Muslims on the receiving end.

Nobody is going to lift a finger to help other than verbal condemnation. This is going to be another Rwanda, except even fewer people care because it's Muslims on the receiving end.
Did you read madmicks post?

I haven't heard about it.

Has it been front page news, or is it one of those stories you really have to look through a lot of stuff to find?

America first, I believe.

I haven't heard about it.

Has it been front page news, or is it one of those stories you really have to look through a lot of stuff to find?

Here's a link to seven recent stories about it from NPR. Maybe it is time to reassess your news sources?

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ing-under-a-nobel-peace-prize-winner-u-n-says

Last edited:
Did you read madmicks post?
I did, and most of that aid money is going to line the pocket of corrupt officials. Burmese military has the place on lock down. Any UN resolution will get vetoed by China since the Burmese military junta will offer its loyalty in exchange for protection.

Our country just doled out a fat relief fund to the persecuted Muslims. I don't think anybody here supports this genocide. If they do, they should voice that.

I certainly don't. It's an atrocity.

Didn't the previous thread get locked, cause of some people in it wished genocide on the Muslims?

Last edited:
That's some fucked up stuff, they're raping and killing women and children and no one seems to care. How about you white knights who swear are for justice in this world? Muslims are getting killed at genocidal rate.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/14/asia/rohingya-amnesty-report/index.html

"Security forces surround a village, shoot people fleeing in panic and then torch houses to the ground. In legal terms, these are crimes against humanity, systematic attacks and forcible deportation of civilians."

https://www.amnesty.org/en/get-involved/take-action/help-stop-the-violence-in-myanmar/

" We can now confirm that at least 80 inhabited sites have been set alight by the Myanmar’s security forces and vigilante mobs. Entire villages have been burnt to the ground"

"New satellite imagery shows how Burma’s military is torching villages"

pbox.php
We had a thread on this actually, something like What's going on in Burma? IIRC

I feel for the Rohingya but one thing I hate about this story is the fucking victimhood complex Muslims and some leftists are showing "Why no one care? Becuase dey Muzlim?!"

No numb nuts, no one cares because its Myanmar and no gives a fuck about Myanmar. Besides, it is getting attention and if its up to anyone to do something shouldn't it be Muslim nations? They should set up a coalition and go to the UN and agitate for a humanitarian intervention. If they can't get UN approval, go in anyways like the US does.

Erdogan the Fabulous wants to rebuild his Ottoman Empire, here's your chance. Sabre rattle a bit and if the Burmese don't stop, round up a posse and smash em if you're such a tough Sultan. Kind of tough though with the purge going on over there I suppose. Anyway, the Muslim world should stop crawling to the West to solve its problems since they obviously don't give a fuck. Saladin is rolling in his grave right now.

Because white people arent behind it. Duh.

People should be outraged, that is not even up for debate. But the rohingya genocide is not the only genocide or ethnic cleansing happening in Myanmar. My issue is Muslim nations such as Indonesia and Malaysia are selectively outraged only when it concerns muslims.

Where is the muslim outrage for ethnic cleansing of the buddhist/christian/animist ethnic wa, kachin, mon, karen from these same nations? Why do muslims and muslims countries only care about war crimes pertaining to muslims and not other religions and peoples? How can you expect others to empathise with muslims when muslims fail to do the same for others?

Lol, if some feminist on a college campus accused a white male of rape you'd be tripping over yourself to defend him "Where's da due process?" But some Muslims get accused of rape and it justifies ethnic cleansing.

This is just low energy trolling at this point. Every once in a while when you forget to troll you're not all bad but that's becoming rarer and rarer. Did you get lobotomized or something? Have you developed early onset dementia? I'm worried for ya man.

again, as stressed in the other thread, it's more about ethnicity, not religion

there are Hindu Rohingya folks being killed too.

The separatist movement fizzled out decades ago, nowadays they just want some level of autonomy. Granting a level of autonomy helped diffuse the insurgency in Aceh Indonesia so I don't see why it shouldn't be considered here.

EDIT: Well Aceh is backwards so that is a reason to not consider it here but I think the conservative laws of Aceh are preferable to the ethnic cleansing in the Rakhine state.

Last edited:
Back