Where Would You Put NFL Expansion Teams?

Population doesn't really tell the whole tale. You also have to consider the surrounding suburbs. It's the size and revenue potential of the entire media market that counts, not so much just the district population.

The biggest most populous cities usually have the most populous metros too.

The biggest most populous cities usually have the most populous metros too.
Not always. A measure of media market is a measure of how much revenue the district and the metro combined can generate. That is the measure that truly matters.

should give Australia the other 8 teams so the Americans can have some easy Ws.

Interesting people keep mentioning St. Louis taking into consideration its past history with football. I think the St. Louis market might be a better fit for a MLS franchise to be honest.

8? I don't think I could name that many places it could potentially succeed in?
London
Mexico City
Toronto
Louisville
Salt Lake City
Oklahoma City?

I guess that's it

The Toronto experiment failed badly. Would have to rethink how to retry it.

I'd say Buffalo could use a pro football team.

Toronto already has a NFL franchise, the team is called the Buffalo Bills.

Toronto. One of the top 5 or 6 markets in north america. Needs to be done.

They need to contract teams. Lmao at plans to put teams in 3rd world countries like Mexico and what will be left of the UK next year.

They need to contract teams. Lmao at plans to put teams in 3rd world countries like Mexico and what will be left of the UK next year.
Mexico City might have been an interesting market 20 years ago. Today it is overrun with crime, and would not be a great place to send players and staff.

Last edited:
Lets go bonkers.

Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Vegas, Mexico City, Havana, Nassau (Bahamas) and Ottawa. Boom

An NFL team would change the whole place.
It would be a huge investment by the ownership with much less return than one of the big Canadian markets you mentioned or even a mid-sized American market (like Sacramento).

It would be a huge investment by the ownership with much less return than one of the big Canadian markets you mentioned or even a mid-sized American market (like Sacramento).

I dunno. They'd basically be buying the whole country. I'd be fine with Sacramento tho.

1403.png

If this has any merit to it as well as the 2017 attendance averages of Saskatchewan(32,762.2) and Edmonton(32,435.1), if I were looking for two cities in Canada for NFL teams I'd be looking in those two areas. Didn't Buffalo used to play a couple games in Toronto? Honestly Toronto and Vancouver (maybe because of the NBA's Raptors/Grizzlies) were the first two Canadian cities that popped in my head when I thought about a team in Canada, followed by Saskatchewan.

St. Louis and OKC would be towards the top of the list I'd think.
Portland may work because Nike.
San Antonio maybe?
Could Orlando host an NFL team or is that too much shit in Florida?

If the AAF does well then I'd guess there's eight cities to choose from, San Antonio and Orlando have teams apparently. Have heard about this shit starting in 2019 before and will probably check it out as it starts after the Superbowl, but just stumbled on it looking into SLC's NFLness.

I don't think London and Mexico City are good locations and get by merely by spectacle.

It's a shame the FXFL didn't pan out:

Boston_Brawlers.png

Last edited:
1403.png

If this has any merit to it as well as the 2017 attendance averages of Saskatchewan(32,762.2) and Edmonton(32,435.1), if I were looking for two cities in Canada for NFL teams I'd be looking in those two areas. Didn't Buffalo used to play a couple games in Toronto? Honestly Toronto and Vancouver (maybe because of the NBA's Raptors/Grizzlies) were the first two Canadian cities that popped in my head when I thought about a team in Canada, followed by Saskatchewan.

St. Louis and OKC would be towards the top of the list I'd think.
Portland may work because Nike.
San Antonio maybe?
Could Orlando host an NFL team or is that too much shit in Florida?

If the AAF does well then I'd guess there's eight cities to choose from, San Antonio and Orlando have teams apparently. Have heard about this shit starting in 2019 before and will probably check it out as it starts after the Superbowl, but just stumbled on it looking into SLC's NFLness.

I don't think London and Mexico City are good locations and get by merely by spectacle.

It's a shame the FXFL didn't pan out:

Boston_Brawlers.png

The FXFL was a low budget production without a significant national television contract. Few people could watch it even if they wanted to. It was destined to fail.

Back