Where would Kevin Randleman stack up on modern HW div?

top 5 maybe but not champ due to lack of (legal) knees to the head of a grounded opponent. the skyscraper knees were brutal.

Top 10 easily

He would fight at MW, but with the skillset he had he wouldn't go anywhere.

Shit gives me chills still, I was with him about a week before he left for that fight.... yeah, he set that shit up perfect and Cro Cop got slept for it... by no means a fluke
You knew Randleman?

. I’m partial because I knew kev very very well... pappy was a fucking animal reguardless of what these young boys think, he beat some of the best at the time and got fucking robbed via decision...today, with mma in a totally different spotlight kev could easily be a champ
Can you shed any light on why he never wrestled freestyle after college? I think he could be made world/Olympic teams. His style was better suited to freestyle which is saying a lot considering he could be potentially been one of the greatest NCAA wrestlers ever.

No steroid randlemam loses to jack may for Christs sake you monkey. He was a freak “athlete” because of the roids...without the roids he is just an avaerage skilled fighter with bad cardio. Stop amping dude!
Do you think he was juiced up 177 pound wrestling phenom in college? How about as a big time high school prospect? Bc he was a freak then too.

Can you shed any light on why he never wrestled freestyle after college? I think he could be made world/Olympic teams. His style was better suited to freestyle which is saying a lot considering he could be potentially been one of the greatest NCAA wrestlers ever.

Didn't he drop out of collage in the last year or had least had academic trouble and then move to MMA soon afterwards?

Today HWs????

Top 5 or champ!

randleman.jpg
without question best body in MMA history ( i aint gay)

Today's HW division?

Top 15. Not that hard of a feat to accomplish though, the UFC's HW division is the worst it's been in a long time.

This.

Training at Hammer house for so long really stifled his progress. Rudimentary striking plus super basic submission defense. The amount of success he achieved really is a testament to his athletic ability and wrestling.

Wasn't randleman the guy that supplied cadaver urine for a drug test?

He was basically a heavily juiced phil Davis.

Today who knows with proper drug testing

He would jump in rankings quickly given how weak the HW division is currently:

FgpN.gif

randleman-jump.jpg

This.

Training at Hammer house for so long really stifled his progress. Rudimentary striking plus super basic submission defense. The amount of success he achieved really is a testament to his athletic ability and wrestling.

Again though I think this is always overstated, Randleman did have questionable fight IQ at points and that led to him throwing fights away like the Crocop rematch or Waterman but in terms of top position sub defence? who actually punished Randleman when he was ontop? Barreto very early on, Fedor, Saku and then much latter Shogun, meanwhile Rizzo, Bas, Pete WIlliams, Babalu and Ninja all couldn't sub him and only really Babalu even threatened him.

The reality for me is that Hammer House were decent in terms of sub defence but ended up facing some very high level submission talent they couldn't deal with, the kind of talent that has pretty much vanished from the upper divisions today bar Werdum.

Striking wise he didn't really become that technical but he certainly had decent form throwing punchs, I mean the KO of Mirko or hurting Randy, Ninja and Rampage is more impressive standing than anything I'v seen from Blaydes. Its just against Blaydes has very sound fight IQ and Randleman had very patchy fight IQ.

Last edited:
Massive juice head and one dimensional fighter. He would deflate like a basketball with USADA.

Didn't he drop out of collage in the last year or had least had academic trouble and then move to MMA soon afterwards?
I know he lost a season of eligibility due to academics but I'm not sure if he dropped out. He took his 1st fight about 2 years later. I wish he Would've given freestyle a shot though.

Man Randleman used to get air.. Just imagine if he was taller and was a basketball player? He'd be dunking on everyone

Again though I think this is always overstated, Randleman did have questionable fight IQ at points and that led to him throwing fights away like the Crocop rematch or Waterman but in terms of top position sub defence? who actually punished Randleman when he was ontop? Barreto very early on, Fedor, Saku and then much latter Shogun, meanwhile Rizzo, Bas, Pete WIlliams, Babalu and Ninja all couldn't sub him and only really Babalu even threatened him.

The reality for me is that Hammer House were decent in terms of sub defence but ended up facing some very high level submission talent they couldn't deal with, the kind of talent that has pretty much vanished from the upper divisions today bar Werdum.

Striking wise he didn't really become that technical but he certainly had decent form throwing punchs, I mean the KO of Mirko or hurting Randy, Ninja and Rampage is more impressive standing than anything I'v seen from Blaydes. Its just against Blaydes has very sound fight IQ and Randleman had very patchy fight IQ.
And most of Hammer House (Baroni, Coleman, Randleman) began training in Vegas and Cali with a bunch of different people while they were still fighting in PRIDE. Hammer House was a loose association of good friends and former wrestlers for at least as long as it was an actual team of guys who trained together. Randleman trained with Bas, Hackleman/Chuck, Shawn Tompkins, etc while he still had his physical prime.

He would jump in rankings quickly given how weak the HW division is currently:

FgpN.gif

randleman-jump.jpg

Looks like he's about to fly in that second pic lol.

He would do pretty well.

Blaydes is ranked number 2 and has pretty much the same skill set as Kevin.

Back