Where should a newcomer to UFC begin?

At your local airport to see if Bj Penn or any fighters are there.

Quick question, how did you find Sherdog Forums?

Look up other orgs too, not just limit it to UFC/Pride..watch fights from everywhere.

Watch ufc 1-20 then some pride fc, then watch the legends careers

Those early UFCs are a sui generis thrill but I disagree that they are useful for what TS asked, viz., learning about the current fighters.
The same holds, to a slightly lesser extent, for Pride fights.

Hello, I've been watching UFC for about 4 months now, and have recently purchased a subscription to UFC Fight Pass, and was wondering what year should I start watching the PPV's from in order for me to know enough about the current active fighters, and help build up my knowledge of MMA.

Start at UFC 1. Not even joking. Watch every UFC event in order. It will take you a long time for sure. But think. How often can you see/witness the entire history of a sport? I think every fan should do this. Kinda like visiting Mecca for Muslims.

If you want to be really ambitious watch every event (UFC and non-UFC) in chronological order.

Firstly, change that fucking username unless you want to be ass raped every time you post. Other than that I recommend you buy fight pass and binge watch everything, got some pretty good shit.
He'd be a good tool for figuring out who to blocklist though. Keep the name please, TS.

If you want to see greatness Just watch the events Jon Jones fights

His way to the top was magnificent. So violent and brilliant

That may raise the bar too High and youll be bored with everything else though

I would say the same for Anderson Silva

I started out watching Strike Force. My recommendation is to watch the fighters you like and you'll eventually be exposed to others. There's really no wrong way to become an MMA fan. A lot of idiots on this website like to talk shit, but it's asinine at the end of the day.

Hello, I've been watching UFC for about 4 months now, and have recently purchased a subscription to UFC Fight Pass, and was wondering what year should I start watching the PPV's from in order for me to know enough about the current active fighters, and help build up my knowledge of MMA.

Not so much in order but catch up on all the greats to the sport and what they accomplished. I would watch the entire title reigns of

GSP
Anderson Silva
Jon Jones
Matt Hughes
BJ's fights at LW.

And great fighters like
Rampage
Liddell
Hendo
Shogun

Smaller fighters like Cruz is one of my favs.. Watch Conor/Nate 1 and 2 if you have not.. Epic..
Also check out the Pride section and obviously watch Fedor.

About to fire up Fight Pass Myself and Watch one of Stipe's fights..

Yep...Change the user name. You will want to change it later anyway. Watch all of Pettis and Cerrones fights from 2010 to 2016. Anderson Silva, Jones, Nate Diaz etc... Have you even watched any fights or are you a str8 up virgin? UFC178 is a good one. FF thru the lay and pray

Chuck/Wandy UFC 79.. Amazing Fight.. Also Shogun VS Hendo 1.. Must see fights..

use this site which has links to Fightpass

http://www.mmavideosearch.com/#/search

Was made by someone who posted here, cant remember who

Start with any fight from tank Abbott Pedro rizzo kazushi sakuraba royce gracie ken/frank shamrock masakatsu funaki bas rutten from the 90's. Work your way up.

UFC 76. Its ironically named Knockout but there arent any. You need to be able to withstand the bad times if you wanna but more than a casual lol.

watch the Pride Legends; they are so great. Watch the great UFC champions. Watch all the great fighters. :D

You have to have at least a basic knowledge of the greats to understand the sport.

Stupid troll!
Nobody is new to mma. Everybody have watched since UFC1.
Thats common knowledge.

Back