Where is the evidence that DJ's competition is low level?

My point is that Stipe's competition is most likely thinner than MM's. Do you disagree?

Who gives a shit? The HW's are literally the best fighters in the sport. Not in an imaginary p4p sense, but in a real would-beat-your-ass-in-an-actual-fight sense.

Who gives a shit? The HW's are literally the best fighters in the sport. Not in an imaginary p4p sense, but in a real would-beat-your-ass-in-an-actual-fight sense.
Not really. I'd give that to the to the LHWs or the MWs. They are faster, more skilled and the difference in power is not huge. Hell DC was known for ragdolling heavy weights before he went down to LHW. Silva and Mousasi are notorious for picking on heavyier fighters. HW just tend to rely on the power too much. They are usally (not always) significantly less skilled.

Dude I don't know where you live but where I live in shape HWs are about as common as FWish dudes. Dudes typicallt aren't naturally that light. Are sure there wasn't a culling of short dudes in your home town? Cuz 5"3 145 lbs isn't uncommon

Edit: 145 as in walking weight

I'm a manlet myself @ 5'8" and it is super rare that I walk by a man who is shorter than me. You see, every time I am taller than another man I feel awesome and I almost never feel awesome.

Guys < 5'8" are rare. Guys that I tower over that are 5'3" or less simply don't seem to exist. I see maybe 3 or 4 a year. They are like unicorns.

I'm a manlet myself @ 5'8" and it is super rare that I walk by a man who is shorter than me. You see, every time I am taller than another man I feel awesome and I almost never feel awesome.

Guys < 5'8" are rare. Guys that I tower over that are 5'3" or less simply don't seem to exist. I see maybe 3 or 4 a year. They are like unicorns.
Haha can't say I empathize with you. Im 6'1 but I seeing guys much shorter than you on the regular.

Pro tip. If you want to feel like a giant go to Japan. You'll plenty of "unicorns" in those parts.

The main argument to discredit DJ is that his competition sucks. But no one has explained why they are "low level" people act like he's fighting soccer moms ala Rousey. My guess is, fighters like Jones are raised high because he has wins over former champions and recognizable names. Such as Rampage, Vitor, Machida, Shogun, etc... Mighty Mouse is the only champion of his weight class, so he never had to beat former champions. The only difference between his competition and Jones's competition is that they aren't recognizable names. Rousey was discredited because she was fighting unskilled bums like Correira. However MM is fighting other highly skilled and talented fighters with fantastic grappling, striking, and wrestling.

1. Wilson Reis (22-6 before fighting MM): World Champion in BJJ, former featherweight, near 80% win percentage. Very well rounded fighter
2. Tim Elliot: (probably the lowest level fighter DJ fought): Holds a KO win over former UFC Lightweight champ Jens Pulver, average record, NCAA wrestler
3. Henry Cejudo (10-2, should be 10-1): World class wrestling (olympic gold medal), 85-90% win ratio, very good ground game, tight boxing and striking.
4. John Dodson (20-8): One of the best KO artists south of 155, KO win over UFC BW champ TJ Dillashaw, lost twice to DJ, 9-3 in the UFC, TUF winner
5. Kyoji Horiguchi: (19-2), 90% win ratio, 8-1 in the UFC,
6. Chris Cariaso: (17-5 before fighting DJ), former UFC BW
7. Ali Baugitinov: (13-2 before fighting DJ), world champion in wrestling, sambo, and submission grappling. Was caught taking PED's after DJ fight and still got destroyed
8. Joseph Benavidez: (25-4, 4 losses are only to DJ and Cruz), one of the best FLW/BW of all time, 12-2 in the UFC, great wrestling, KO power, strong submission game
9. John Moraga (13-1 prior to fighting DJ), high level wrestling, great grappling, strong striking
10. Miguel Torres: (39-3 before fighting DJ), 92% win percentage, 5'11 BW, former World BW Champion, was former top 5 P4P, top 5 BW all time

Stats: DJ's competition at the time he fought them were a combined 192-40, 82% win percentage. Almost all were either high level BJJ'ers, high level wrestling, heavy hitters, and good strikers. Almost all of them were also bigger than DJ and had fought at BW, FW, and some at Lightweight. No one can deny how strong the skill level of his competition is, and the argument that "Not a lot of people are 125lbs" is a silly one considering combat sports has an ENORMOUS amount of lighter guys in wrestling, BJJ, and striking.

And unlike Jones, he's constantly fighting dudes that he doesn't have any phsyical advantages over. Matter of fact, DJ is probably the smallest guy in his weight class.

YEAHHH! WHERE´S THE EVIDENCE? TELL ME !!!! NOW!!!!

b midge.gif

Must be a regional thing. I'm 5'8, but I see just as many dudes that are taller than me as shorter ones.

By the same token, 99% of humans aren't as large as HWs...so by that logic, Stipe faces low level competition...
Like 99.9% of the males I know arent 5'3-5'6, 125 lbs.......

Most of them were that size by like 12-14.........

Not really. I'd give that to the to the LHWs or the MWs. They are faster, more skilled and the difference in power is not huge. Hell DC was known for ragdolling heavy weights before he went down to LHW. Silva and Mousasi are notorious for picking on heavyier fighters. HW just tend to rely on the power too much. They are usally (not always) significantly less skilled.

This retard actually believes that freakin MW's would beat the HW's? They just cut to 185 for fun?

usmensheight.png

LMAO at 5'3 dudes being as common as 6'0. Try leaving your mom's basement for once and you might not believe such obvious nonsense.

LMAO at 5'3 dudes being as common as 6'0. Try leaving your mom's basement for once and you might not believe such obvious nonsense.
You're dumb.

In Mexico, they are more common.

This retard actually believes that freakin MW's would beat the HW's? They just cut to 185 for fun?
No dumbass they have beaten HWs before. If you actually knew anything about these fighters then I would have to tell you that you fucking imbecile.

Gegard Mousasi knocked Mark Hunt down like it was nothing. So shut the fuck up and do some research instead of talking out if your ass you uneducated fuck

Last edited:

Wrong, the best MW's/LHW's could beat up the current champ

No dumbass they have beaten HWs before. If you actually knew anything about these fighters then I would have to tell you that you fucking imbecile.

Gegard Mousasi knocked Mark Hunt down like it was nothing. So shut the fuck up and do some research instead of talking out if your ass you uneducated fuck

Don't forget Welterweight Melvin Manhoef putting Mark Hunt to sleep in 45 seconds.

He's right, the best MW/LHW will always be better than the HW. With Cain and Fedor as the exception

I went to a BBQ yesterday. My friend Jimmy is 6'6" 240 pounds, and he has a six pack.

Nobody at the park yesterday was 5'3" or smaller.

Manlets the size of DJ are more rare than big guys.

Have you ever heard about Asia? Idiot.

And I can quarantee there are more around 140lbs men who could cut down to FLW than athletic HW sized men in US also.

Here's my problem with the division:

The longtime #2 and #3 guys, Benavidez and Dodson, haven't lost to anyone in the division besides DJ.
(Start another thread if you want to argue about close fights between a demoralized former contender and an up-and-comer).
Dodson is gone now.

So essentially, DJ isn't even regularly fighting the best guys, because he already beat them twice each.

The main argument to discredit DJ is that his competition sucks. But no one has explained why they are "low level" people act like he's fighting soccer moms ala Rousey. My guess is, fighters like Jones are raised high because he has wins over former champions and recognizable names. Such as Rampage, Vitor, Machida, Shogun, etc... Mighty Mouse is the only champion of his weight class, so he never had to beat former champions. The only difference between his competition and Jones's competition is that they aren't recognizable names. Rousey was discredited because she was fighting unskilled bums like Correira. However MM is fighting other highly skilled and talented fighters with fantastic grappling, striking, and wrestling.

1. Wilson Reis (22-6 before fighting MM): World Champion in BJJ, former featherweight, near 80% win percentage. Very well rounded fighter
2. Tim Elliot: (probably the lowest level fighter DJ fought): Holds a KO win over former UFC Lightweight champ Jens Pulver, average record, NCAA wrestler
3. Henry Cejudo (10-2, should be 10-1): World class wrestling (olympic gold medal), 85-90% win ratio, very good ground game, tight boxing and striking.
4. John Dodson (20-8): One of the best KO artists south of 155, KO win over UFC BW champ TJ Dillashaw, lost twice to DJ, 9-3 in the UFC, TUF winner
5. Kyoji Horiguchi: (19-2), 90% win ratio, 8-1 in the UFC,
6. Chris Cariaso: (17-5 before fighting DJ), former UFC BW
7. Ali Baugitinov: (13-2 before fighting DJ), world champion in wrestling, sambo, and submission grappling. Was caught taking PED's after DJ fight and still got destroyed
8. Joseph Benavidez: (25-4, 4 losses are only to DJ and Cruz), one of the best FLW/BW of all time, 12-2 in the UFC, great wrestling, KO power, strong submission game
9. John Moraga (13-1 prior to fighting DJ), high level wrestling, great grappling, strong striking
10. Miguel Torres: (39-3 before fighting DJ), 92% win percentage, 5'11 BW, former World BW Champion, was former top 5 P4P, top 5 BW all time

Stats: DJ's competition at the time he fought them were a combined 192-40, 82% win percentage. Almost all were either high level BJJ'ers, high level wrestling, heavy hitters, and good strikers. Almost all of them were also bigger than DJ and had fought at BW, FW, and some at Lightweight. No one can deny how strong the skill level of his competition is, and the argument that "Not a lot of people are 125lbs" is a silly one considering combat sports has an ENORMOUS amount of lighter guys in wrestling, BJJ, and striking.

And unlike Jones, he's constantly fighting dudes that he doesn't have any phsyical advantages over. Matter of fact, DJ is probably the smallest guy in his weight class.

One of his title shots was against Tim Elliot straight off of TUF. That's low level. Reis isn't a can, but he isn't a great win imo. Bagoutinov is low level for a title shot too. Cris Cariaso is low level for a title shot. Moraga wasn't a great win either imo.

Horiguchi is a good win. Benavidez is a good win. Dodson is a good win. Cejudo is a good win. That is six very good wins.

Demetrious Johnson has faced more than a few low level contenders, but the majority of his defenses have been against impressive contenders. Flyweight is a top heavy division.

Back